Do you ever DEFEND Witnesses?

by GetBusyLiving 36 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I know I come on here a lot and laugh at the crazy stuff I used to believe.. it's a terrific place to vent my frustration at the Org. and share experiences with people who understand. But I find that when some people trash talk witnesses who were never part of it I end up sort of defending them usually. I guess its because I understand better now how someone could get wrapped up in that sort of thing and there's some compassion there for the people still stuck in it.. lol.

How do you react when you hear 'worldlings' bashing witnesses?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I tend to want to defend them, and I do, just a little though. They're not the worst, you know.

DY

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: Do you ever DEFEND Witnesses?

"By this all will know that you are my followers, if you have love among yourselves".

That explains why some are 'in' and others are 'out'

• Gopher
    Gopher

No. They've got good lawyers to defend them. They don't need my help.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    all will know that you are my followers

Who, precisely are the "all" that know Jehovah's Witnesses are the sole followers of Jesus Christ?

• talesin
    talesin

People are often curious about the JWs doctrinal reasoning. eg. why do they not salute the flag? So I have often found myself explaining their reasoning (as much as is possible, for sure!) while at the same time flatly denouncing it.

It's kinda weird, but I grew up in it, so I understand how they think. Don't agree with it, never liked it, but lived it.

*shrug*

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Don't feed the moron and he will go away.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I used to... almost militantly. Let "God" protect "His own", I say.

Never Again,

u/d (of the lets call a spade a spade class)

• rebel8
    rebel8

How do I react? I one-up them. "So you think you know bad stuff about JWs? I know even worse stuff...."

• jaredg
    jaredg

i defend the R&F but not the WTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit