Do you ever DEFEND Witnesses?

by GetBusyLiving 36 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I've stopped, but have had to catch myself a few times. Defending them is like an instinct that's being broken. I was always prepared to be on the defense from anyone speaking against them. Now I know better.

I like the idea of one-upping them!

• Dustin
    Dustin

I just say it's a form of mind control. I usually also say the governing body is a bunch of dellusional jerks.

Dustin

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

If it is a good honest, decent, brainwashed rank and file dub I will tell the basher, forgive them for they know not what they do.

If it is a scammer dub, one that knows they are nothing but a pimp for the Borg, I'll help the basher dance on their head.

And for the WBTS, my only worry is that the bashers will stop before I can get some.

• cindykp
    cindykp

Well, I think defend them, and bash them all in one conversation! Depends on the subject we are discussing.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I tell them I was once a JW and I happily join in on the JW bashing.

Dragonlady76

• larc
    larc

I niether defend them nor attack them. If someone discusses them and they are wrong, I try to set the record straight. I remember one woman who said the the JWs do not believe in Jesus Christ, a very out ragious statement. I told her that they did, but not in the same way as most other Christians.

• Honesty
    Honesty

i defend the R&F but not the WTS
    I'll even defend an elder or MS who is rational and reasonable. The Governing Body can go straight back to the depths of Hell where they came from.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

To be honest, I don't talk with most people about religion or JWs. If the subject comes up and I (ashamedly) admit I was one and a large number of my immediate family are avid JWs, what I get is "I am sooo sorry". So no, I do not have to defend or put them down, my friends and aquaintaces seem to mostly already be well informed and have the above opinion.

Rarely will I be asked anything about it other than "oh my god! how do you deal with it?" Most could care less about what a cult thinks.

Talk to dubs? Well I avoid all bad associations!

The only place I have run into supporters of jws have been here, and frankly I do not have the interest nor the time to bother.

I do like that 'one up them' idea though. That is should I ever run into someone who cares to take their time to bash.

.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

*¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Hopelesslystained -:¦:-

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    If it is a good honest, decent, brainwashed rank and file dub I will tell the basher, forgive them for they know not what they do.

If it is a scammer dub, one that knows they are nothing but a pimp for the Borg, I'll help the basher dance on their head.

Oh, Canine of the Big Dog class, you are very wise for one who chases his tail... *ducks thrown food dish* lol

I agree with you; if it's just some poor confused, beat up person who is stuck in a group he cannot escape for fear of losing his family and his mind, I'll defend 'im. There but for the Grace of God go I...

Jeannie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I do defend them still from time to time but not to my wife - she is good really - she has still not reported me to the elders for apostasy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit