Well....the wife and I are going back to the Kingdom Hall.

by jimbob 33 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

I think I know who you are. I know everyone in your post today. I am saddened by the circumstances. I would never shun you.

Peg

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hi Peg. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Are you from the Seattle area?

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

Sorry to hear about this peron passing away. Hang in there. Keep us posted on how things go.

• gumby
    gumby

I think it's awesome you are going to the memorial of her death. Everyone there KNOWS you are not coming to meetings again just because you attend this occasion. The ONLY reason I would not want to attend a meeting at a Kingdom Hall, is so as not to give anyone the impression I have even a slight intrest in returning.

I attended my grandsons first talk on the school and hoped that nobody thought I was proud he was doing so well as a witness. I wanted people to think I was there because I loved my grandson and wanted to be there on whatever occasion he attended or performed in......even if it was at the Hall. I never attended any of his talks after that and I'm sure others understood why I was there for his first.

People will be moved by your love and concern for your friend Jimbob......your doing a GOOD thing in my book.

Hugs for your loss.

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

but sometimes what I feel towards the WT Society is pretty much bordering on it. I guess we're all healing in our own way.

Read Psalms 97:10 I think you are doing just what the scripture's advise..

• peggy
    peggy

JimBob,

Not only do I know you but you know me. I am frightened by that, as I am a lurker. I am not considered active as I haven't been out in service for over two years, but I still attend meetings. I have been through so much this past few years. I'm not sure how to PM someone. But if you would like you can PM me. I know how to respond. It is weird, but I had this feeling of not wanting to stumble you, then I had this feeling of fear that by revealing myself, I would be in danger. Of what, I'm not sure. Total confusion! Obviously I can't stumble you. You know who you are and what you believe, but I am still unsure of me!

It truly is a small world!

• jimbob
    jimbob

Peg, you have a PM.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Jim Bob,

First, I am sorry about your friend. I am also glad you are respectful enough to go to the KH, regardless of what the JW's will initially think. Maybe, well surely...tongues will wag and jaws will drop. People WILL question HOW you could leave...let them. It is the last think JW's WANT to think about or see...respectful and happy EX-Witnesses.

Funerals are one of the few reasons I would go back. Weddings...? I probably don't have to worry about that one...when I re-married to a non-witness, after my divorce (not free to remarry) not one JW relative would attend, I am still somewhat shunned.

Anyway, good luck and condolences for your loss.

Rabbit

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I second Mouthy and HadEnuf .

This too will pass.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I'm in agreement - you are doing a good thing. When my aunt died and I went to the memorial, I too had vowed never to set foot in a KH again. But my daughters and I found it to be such a reinforcing experience - we all discussed afterwards how weird it felt and how happy it made us to be out of it.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - you and your wife know why you are going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit