Well....the wife and I are going back to the Kingdom Hall.

by jimbob 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thanks Jimbob. I am sure we know them. The name is very familiar. It seems the longer we are gone, the more people I forget.

I hope they leave you alone at the KH. When some of our mutual friends attended a memorial service a couple of years ago, they were royally shunned and it hurt them very much. The woman who had died was a very close friend and no one would talk to them. They have never been df'd either.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are appreciated.

Mulan...I really don't worry about anyone shunning us. That would actually be great! But I honestly believe it won't be that way. My mother and her best friend are fine with our "leaving the org" status. I actually hope we do get shunned cause then my mother would see the "true love" they really have. I've had some excellent discussions with her on the organization, and she's actually admitted to me the WT Society is wrong in a few things. (of course, we know they're wrong in ALL things...:) But I've definitely made some headway there.

We will be fine. We're not going cause we want to see anyone, but just to pay our respects. These people and their religion mean nothing to us anymore. I just feel sad for the few we know that are still in. Going will only make me appreciate leaving that much more. What I've always hated is they talk more about their religion and resurrection, than the person that died. This is supposed to be a tribute to the person that passed away, and instead, they see it as an opportunity to "witness". How sad!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Sorry Jimbob,

It happens all the time lately with me and those I know. I don't mind going to the KH for things like that but haven't been notified of the passing of several that were friends.

Ken P.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

My first thought was: "OH MY GOD...someone is going back to be a JW!!!" So I was relieved, after reading your post, to see that this was not the case.

I am sorry that you lost someone you obviously cared about. I applaud you for having the courage to enter the "lion's den" and show your love and respect for the person you lost. We attended a memorial service at a KH this past summer and it was difficult but we survived and are glad we were able to have people see that we weren't going to stopped by their petty shunning routine and stay away.

With warm regards...Cathy L.

• Golf
    Golf

Sorry to hear the news Jimbob. Hey, your doing the right and honorable thing! Nothing to be ashamed of, nothing.

Golf

• jimbob
    jimbob

What I find so sad is this was someone who had a horrible marriage, but couldn't leave it due to Watchtower policy. (shunning, can't remarry unless there's adultery, etc.) In fact, prior to her being diagnosed with cancer, she told my mother that her husband was getting upset with her because of all the $15 co-pays her doctor's visits were costing him. Can you imagine?? What a heartless bastard!

It should have been him that was diagnosed. And this is after she already went through breast cancer many years ago. She told my mother that when she found out she had lukemia, she came home and told her husband he wouldn't have to pay the co-pays much longer. I feel horrible for her. My wife and her actually had a kindred kind of spirit together, and I think it's because they were both verbally abused for much of their lives. Her by her husband, and my wife by her father. I try not to have hate in my heart, but sometimes what I feel towards the WT Society is pretty much bordering on it. I guess we're all healing in our own way.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Jimbob and Mrs..bob. My first thought was similar to HadEnuf.... I'm glad to hear that's not the case, yet would wish you the best.

It is worse to hear of the loss of a dear friend. I'm grateful she went quickly. That is indeed a blessing after having a rough life as a JW woman.

Hugs

Brenda

• fairchild
    fairchild

Jimbob,

It is horrible to lose a friend. (I know). Obviously, the sadness of it all is that your friend was stuck in a religion which did not allow a divorce, even when abuse was written all over the menu of this marriage. You are doing a big thing by 'going back there', out of respect for your friend. Makes me think that you were indeed a true friend, and true friends are hard to find. May God bless you and your wife.

Chris

• willyloman
    willyloman

jimbob: as we were fading a situation arose which was almost identical to this and we went to the memorial to support the family. We weren't shunned by anyone, but it had only been a few weeks since we had gone to what would turn out to be our last meeting so no one really knew we had left.

Anyway, it was amazing how transparent the whole WT info-mercial was and it just confirmed that we were making the right move in fading away from the organization.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm proud of you even though it is awful to lose a friend. By being there you are showing the JW's what real unconditional love is all about. It may even have some positive effects on some of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit