cleaning the mind and the implanting of right thinking . . . 1970 Yearbook

by garybuss 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The Co was giving a talk. I believe his name was Veenstra. (something like that) He made the point that"opposers" claimed that JW's were brainwashed. He said that was TRUE. We all needed to have our brains washed clean from the FILTH of the world etc. etc etc.

Poztate,

Wow---does that sound familiar! That name and the point that was made....That name is odd and I remember hearing that!

Gary,

The Borg has always forbidden the JWs to keep away from anything dealing with hypnotism yet they use their own methods of achieving the very same thing! What the WTS does is far more insideous than ANY recognized hypnotherapist (smoking, weight loss, etc) would ever do.

Annie.......who'se way to old for any implants

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Real brainwashing doesn't work. What JWs did was much more successful. Not so much today however. Heck you can be Prince and be a JW, or you can run a website like Partners In The Truth. In 2005 it ain't the same religion it used to be. And I bet that really pisses off a lot of the traveling overseers and the old timers at Bethel.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I remember a Kingdom Hall speaker talking about the Witness people being proud of saying they were brainwashed. At the time I didn't appreciate what it all meant. I was raised as a child of Witness parents and we hammered every meeting and service opportunity and I didn't know any different life. I remember feeling guilty because I hated it. I was sure God was reading my mind and I would be bird food at Armageddon. My mother told me I had to be a Witness kid or pack my bags and move. I was 10.

Annie, I don't know about them implants . . . guess I want to believe you.

• Voyager
    Voyager

As always, Good Job Garybuss!

Thanks!

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks Leolaia,

I have added these to http://quotes.watchtower.ca/cult.htm.

Pretty creepy stuff, indeed!

To all you lurkers: don't think these quotes represent a "big deal"??? Substitute "Unification Church" for "Watchtower" or "Gov Body" in those quotes and then try them on for size.

~Quotes, of the "High Control" class

• Quotes
    Quotes

I have a vague memory of either a WT study, or perhaps a CO visit, or assembly, where the main point was:

Are JWs a cult? Well, we are followers of Jesus. And the 1st century Christians were branded a cult for following Jesus. And we are the same as the 1st century christians. Therefore, damn straight!! Us JWS **ARE** a CULT!!!!

Anyone else remember that?

~Quotes of the "falied memory is worse than failed mammaries" class

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Quotes....Looks great, just wanted to draw your attention to a typo: "ourselve" for "ourselves". About your question, I bet blondie could find something. Meanwhile, I am struck how the Society uses the expression "mental cleansing"...that's a word for word equivalent of "brain washing".

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

I found this quote from the WT quite chilling. How many recall these words "resistance is futile--you will be assimulated" (The mantra of the evil mind sucking alien Borg from star trek who combed the universe looking to gather creatures into their hive mind collective by sucking their humanity out of them and turning them into evil robotic creatures like themselves who all think the same thoughts and are programmed to do whatever the evil Borg Queen instructs them to do)...

I often wondered if someone who escaped from the Org wrote the script for this show...

cybs

• seven006
    seven006

garybuss,

That is an excellent find.

It's amazing how we can see that statement from the watchtower leaders in a very negative way and loyal JW's will see it in a very positive way. That kind of statement always reminds me of one of the most gruesome mind control techniques used in history to justify the murdering of 1.7 million Cambodians during the leadership of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.

Similarities in the brainwashing of Cambodian nationals and the followers of jehovah's witnesses are astonishing. The separating of families, the specific goals of putting in time doing the main objective (Cambodians working in the fields) (JW's in field service), putting all your trust in an invisible authority figure (JW's Jehovah) (Cambodians Angka), the complete void of acknowledgment of those who oppose their teachings, The focus on a specific year, the calling the leaders by the title "brother" , the encouraging to turn in those who do not obey the rules for punishment and much more. The techniques of controlling a mind are usually similar and hardly ever realized by the one who is having their mind controlled. Thus the difference in how we see that statement from the yearbook and how the average JW sees it. The big difference between the Khmer Rouge and the JW's are, the JW's live by "the threat" of death by disobeying and the Cambodians were actually killed.

Keeping separate from the outside world kept the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge hidden from the rest of the world as it went on, just as the atrocities of the JW's dirty little secrets are kept from the publics eyes by their policies of keeping it all within the organization. Even the word Angka (the invisible teacher and ruler of the Khmer Rouge) means "The Organization."

I have seen many photos of the thousands of human skeletons scattered in the middle of "the killing fields" of Cambodia that resemble the illustrations in some of the Watchtower publications. The Cambodians who saw Angka as their savior looked to the many skeletons of human remains as the beginning of their deliverance from evil just as the JW's see the gersume illustrations of the millions of dead people in their publications as evidence of their pending deliverance. Iv often thought about writing a thread about this comparison, Hopefully someone who has more time to write will do it before me. Your post has gotten me thinking about it again.

The average JW's inability to see how their leaders are controlling their minds is amazing. Their frequently white washed and controlled minds are certainly cleansed from any ability to see beyond their own dirt filled soap bubbles.

Dave

• garybuss
    garybuss

Right on Dave, The Chinese style re education process is admittedly being used. The way the Watch Tower group cleans the minds of their victims is by confusion. The Witness people demonize everything outside their group. It's called poisoning the well. All sources and all people outside the Watch Tower group are unreliable.

The mind needs constants and it turns to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and it's agents for those. Of course the message from the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation is that if you do unpaid work for us your life will be better. Naturally life is better . . . for the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit