cleaning the mind and the implanting of right thinking . . . 1970 Yearbook

by garybuss 37 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Gary,

Some people can never see through their own ignorance no matter how many times it is shown to them. As the old saying goes: If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and you think it's a kangaroo, you're an idiot.

Dave

• Perry
    Perry

Unbeliever

"Honey I did too enjoy the meeting tonight. I'll be out as soon as I finish washing up"

• garybuss
    garybuss
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and you think it's a kangaroo, you're an idiot.

Lol @ Dave

That's what makes this all so interesting to me.

• seven006
    seven006

***That's what makes this all so interesting to me. ***

You and me both buddy.

Dave

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks to diamondblue's thread, I think we have some other amazing statements for Quotes to add to his page:

***w52 2/1 pp. 79-80 Jehovah?s Theocratic Organization Today ***

We should eat and digest and assimilate what is set before us, without shying away from parts of the food because it may not suit the fancy of our mental taste. The truths we are to publish are the ones provided through the discreet-slave organization, not some personal opinions contrary to what the slave has provided as timely food. Jehovah and Christ direct and correct the slave as needed, not we as individuals. If we do not see a point at first we should keep trying to grasp it, rather than opposing and rejecting it and presumptuously taking the position that we are more likely to be right than the discreet slave. We should meekly go along with the Lord?s theocratic organization and wait for further clarification, rather than balk at the first mention of a thought unpalatable to us and proceed to quibble and mouth our criticisms and opinions as though they were worth more than the slave?s provision of spiritual food. Theocratic ones will appreciate the Lord?s visible organization and not be so foolish as to pit against Jehovah?s channel their own human reasoning and sentiment and personal feelings.
    *** w57 5/1 pp. 279-280 Show Respect For Jehovah's Organization ***

If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother... Even the best-trained and best-mannered children will offend in small ways once in a while, and children who disobey mother must be disciplined. Can you still hear mother say, "You just wait till your father gets home, young man!"? Well, remember our proverb: "Reproofs of discipline are the way of life." So when we are disciplined by our heavenly Father through his wifely organization it is to instruct us and help us to grow up and become really mature Christians giving due honor to our Father and mother.

*** w57 5/1 p. 285 Trust Your Proved, Faithful Brothers ***

With thankful hearts we acknowledge God?s mercy and gratefully and willingly show our respect for Jehovah?s organization, for she is our mother and the beloved wife of our heavenly Father, Jehovah God.

*** w57 6/15 p. 370 Overseers of Jehovah?s People ***

Let us now unmistakably identify Jehovah?s channel of communication for our day, that we may continue in his favor. Listen to the inspired answer to the situation, in Matthew 24:45-47 (NW): "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." And has he? Yes, particularly since 1919 has it been true that he has appointed the collective body of the anointed remnant over all the visible interests of the Kingdom. The "slave" then became responsible not only for ministering to the needs of the anointed body members but also for taking on the responsibility of preaching the good news of the established Kingdom to people of all nations. (Matt. 24:14) Such is true not by their determination of it, but because God himself has so directed. "God has set the members in the body, each one of them, just as he pleased," is the way it is pictured in 1 Corinthians 12:18 (NW). It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

*** w57 6/15 p. 375 Overseers of Jehovah?s People***

We should respond with the same readiness as we would to the voice of God. It is his means of dealing with us now.

*** w95 11/1 pp. 24-25 "Thrown Down, but Not Destroyed" ***

I have also learned not to give up in the fight against any tendency to become discouraged. I have learned to view Jehovah as my Father and his organization as my Mother.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey WBTS, implant this baby (left to the minds of the reader as to what the poster is suggesting to implant in the WBTS and in what orifice)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Jesus, but that's a damning series of quotes, Quotes!

Once more for emphasis! Lurkers, read it!
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca/cult.htm

SNG

• garybuss
    garybuss

Great quotes Leolaia, Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit