Are they really this heartless?

by kj 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

These type of comments can only come from extremist/nutcases inside the WTBTS. There are many in there, you know.

Not all are this heartless, though.

DY

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

And to think that's just the tip of the iceberg in their methods of cruelty. It's just plain disgusting!!

Cathy L.

• JAS
    JAS

one of the "friends" told her "It's kind of like a death in the family, isn't it. Take some time to grieve." Another woman, supposedly one of her best friends, called her and asked her "if she had had the funeral yet".

You know....my mom told me that my aunt told her that about ME. I was DF about a year ago, i don't even remember when to tell you the truth. They do treat it as a death. I am having some serious issues with anger and frustration and grieving too. I feel like my family is dead to me.

• Scully
    Scully
    To those of you who are df'd, would you have welcomed support of some of your non-JW relatives, even ones you haven't heard from in awhile? I just don't want her to think she has no one, or feel she has to cave in and grovel at the feet of the elders to be reinstated. I don't agree with some of the choices she's made, but that doesn't mean I think she is "dead" or a "lost cause".

Definitely reach out to her and let her know that you are there for her. She may feel awkward about having kept you at arm's length since becoming a JW and may be worried that you'd reject her or make her feel bad for doing that.

BTW, I am neither DFd or DAd, but my JW relatives treat me as though I am. You have no idea how comforting it was to have Worldly? relatives receive me with loving open arms when I decided to leave the JWs. I had kept these wonderful people at arm's length for many years due to the counsel of JWs and the WTS to avoid Bad Associations?. However, they really came through for me and all was forgiven once the JW spell was broken.

Love, Scully

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The time I was disfellowshipped, and lasted a good 5 to 6 years out of the WTBTS, my immediate relatives had no dealings with me whatsoever. They treated me as if I had died. My mother wrote to me once and it was to torture me with her words.

I can honestly say that staunch JWs have very different emotions than other normal people. It's down right sick, in certain cases.

DY

• Poztate
    Poztate

Welcome to the Board JAS.....POZ

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was at a funeral and a Brother Gary Heideman gave "the talk". I sh*t you not, HE COMPARED THE DECEASED TO ROAD KILL!!!

The funeral wasn't at the Hall and a Catholic priest was sitting in front of me. Everyones face lit up in shock at this tasteless remark. Of course the Bro's response to this was "well that's too bad if they can't handle the truth- (the deceased) is the same as ROAD KILL.

Some people will NEVER "get it".

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit