Are they really this heartless?

by kj 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kj
    kj

My teenage cousin got DFd about a month ago. It's tearing her mother apart. I guess right after the announcement was read, one of the "friends" told her "It's kind of like a death in the family, isn't it. Take some time to grieve." Another woman, supposedly one of her best friends, called her and asked her "if she had had the funeral yet". How can anybody truly believe this is God's chosen organization? It is truly sickening. That is the only positive thing I can say, is maybe this will wake my family up.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

yes they are, they are self righteous cnuts

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I love how one someone got DF'd everyone gossiped about it. I was very young then... well, now all us kids have grown up. Most of the kids have gotten into trouble, some DF'd, some reinstated, some still DF'd. Either way, I like it when it PERSONALLY touches a family.

Let them feel what it's like to lose their children to an organization of rules. Let them suffer a loss. Yes, it truly is like a death in the family BECAUSE they are willing to let it happen. At any time parents and family can stand up and say ENOUGH, this isn't right, and actually be a parent.

All the self righteous elders from when I was a kid are now all dealing with their grown children and now they can be gossipped about.

It truly is sick.... but it would be very easy for each family one at a time to stop the sickness if they only would make that CHOICE.

• kj
    kj

That is what I'm hoping for, that this will force them to make a choice. I got into an argument with her about it a couple of years ago, when she was shunning my father-in-law, and I said, "What about when it is one of your kids? Then what?" I feel awful for what she's going through, but I hope she will wake up and realize she has a CHOICE. And see what kind of "friends" she really has. I just don't know how people who say they are your friends could say what they said to her, even if they were thinking it, why say it and twist the knife like that. Sick.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I shit you not....

I know a woman that got a sympathy card when her daughter was DF'd. I've only sent those out when someone has died.

• Preston
    Preston
    Another woman, supposedly one of her best friends, called her and asked her "if she had had the funeral yet".

Well, that's a cheerful bunch...let's play the funeral march while we're at it, don't forget the roses.

- Preston

• kls
    kls

and we would really want to spend eternity with these callius ,heartless morons,,,,,,,,,,

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

KJ, is this a trick question? Seriously, their cruelty and injustice knows no bounds.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

yes, and they honestly feel they are helping the grieving one by what they consider as fact. The disfellowshiped one is dead and deserves to be as judged by the guidance of holy spirit - oh, that hurts, I actually tried to accept that at one time - I am embarrassed...

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, they are this heartless. And they are guilty of far more heinous crimes.

I hope this sends a message to them.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit