Study conductor claims the "WTS is not the FDS"...and other JW affirmations

by M.J. 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The proof is in the pudding, my friend...

• xenawarrior
  • rwagoner
    rwagoner

lol

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    The proof is in the pudding, my friend...

From the Watchtower site:

A person should make sure that his beliefs can be supported by the Scriptures, for there is only one true faith.

So where in the scriptures does it say that the WTBTS is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

• Ticker
    Ticker

I just wanted to reply to the biblical translation point that was brought up. I dont know if it will help but doesnt common sence show that any translation is as good as the next or better, I feel its personal preference. Also if the NWT is the only worthwhile true translation then what the heck did people do for thousands of years before it was published. Were their bibles any less benficial? The NWT is far too slanted toword their doctrines and buzz words for my liking, I would take any bible over the NWT for personal preferance. I dont know if she can be helped MJ, sometimes people have their minds set in stone and no amount of discussion or enlightenment will help. Worth a try but sounds like her mind is made up, she is probably enjoying all the love bombing and longs to be accepted by such a large group. They are good at making you feel like somebody at first, also she probably has her hands full with visits and invites to various social activities of the witnesses. Try to reason and who knows if she wont accept it now, maybe she will later when she wakes up to the realities of being a JW. Its sad to see such narrow mindeness but thats what they are trained to do quite soon in the study, they are warned to not listen to contrary material or view it, so off the bat the watchtower indoctrination works quickly to close the mind. Its basically another case of not "testing the sayings to make sure that they are so." Good Luck anyway in your endeavor MJ.

Ticker

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Rescue,

It does not say that, of course. Wise up.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    January 1, 2000 Watchtower - Serving with the Watchman
    Recall that the watchman "proceeded to call out like a lion: ?Upon the watchtower, O Jehovah, I am standing constantly by day, and at my guardpost I am stationed all the nights.?" (Isaiah 21:8) The anointed remnant have shown lionlike courage in exposing false religion and showing people the way to freedom. (Revelation 18:2-5) As "the faithful and discreet slave," they have provided Bibles, magazines, and other publications in a multitude of languages?"food at the proper time." (Matthew 24:45) They have taken the lead in gathering the "great crowd . . . out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues." These too are cleansed by the ransoming blood of Jesus and show themselves lionhearted in rendering God "sacred service day and night." (Revelation 7:9, 14, 15) What has been the fruitage this past year of the small surviving group of anointed Witnesses of Jehovah and their companions, the great crowd? Our next article will tell

MJ - I have only the 2001 Library CD -so can't go back further than that - since the WTS does the printing of these "Bibles, magazines, and other publications in a multitude of languages?"food at the proper time." and they are by admission 'The anointed remnant ', what other conclusion could there be? Maybe this article will work to make the point. Obviously they have several corportations - but they are totally connected to the so called faithful and discreet slave. No change that I see.

Jeff

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    It does not say that, of course. Wise up.

So you claimed earlier that the WTS "IS" the faithful and discreet slave, and that is what they claim, are you both liars? Or do you both make false claims? If it's not a biblical based belief (how can it be if it's not stated in the bible) then it's a false belief correct?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I refer the right honourable gentleman to the statment I made some moments ago (in my post 114).

• FDS
    FDS

The publisher conducting the book study is perhaps ignorant OR is indeed speaking sideways. I find this interesting because the Watchotwer certainly would not change this teaching. How else would anyone believe them as Jehovah's channel? The proof is in the writings. The standard is always the newest teaching "aid" which happens to be the "Knowledge that leads to Everlasting Life" which on page 160 paragraph 3 CLEARLY states that this slave IS the Watchtower Society and that Jehovah God has always used a organized channel to dispense spiritual food. So bring out the book and have him read it. Ask him IF he has another official QUOTE from the Society's publications concerning his "strange" stance and new teaching. He will most likely run ;D

FDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit