Study conductor claims the "WTS is not the FDS"...and other JW affirmations

by M.J. 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The proof is in the pudding, my friend...

Think about this proof and ask yourself how does it apply to you, personally. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses claim that as the faithful discreet slave they are your mediator. Are they going to be the mediator when the time arrives for you to be confronted with the undeniable truth of a matter mentioned in detail at Romans 14:12 Have a nice life.

• Perry
    Perry

I was approached by a Jehovah's Witness (elder or pioneer?) who was boldly witnessing at a gas station in California last fall. He pitched the standard WT line and I asked him if I could ask him a question. He said delightedly, "Sure".

I asked him why Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus only died for the 144,000? He said we don't believe that! I replied, "But you do believe that the Society teaches that Christ only mediated the new covenant with annointed Jehovah's Witnesses through the spilling of his blood right? He replied, "No he died for everyone". I told him I was a 4th gerneration Jehovah's Witness, and an ex regular pioneer. I then asked him how he could sllep at night knowing that he was lying to all the good people in his community. he screamed, "I'm not lying!" I told him calmly that I knew that he was lying and that he also knew that he was. He replied as he quickly walked away, "Oh, so you already know everything" I stood there transfixed as I watched this poor soul walk away in defeat and in psychological trauma. I think I felt truly sorry for Jehovah's Witnesses for the fist time then. He looked so pitiful and naked. Later I wished that I had thought to tell he that if he knew Christ that he would not need to lie any more.

I have had many conversations with JW's, and I can assure you that they indeed tell copious lies. As a pioneer, I was conducting 8 bible studies per month at one time. I can assure everyone here that I told the same lies to cover the WT rear end on a variety of subjects. I'm sure that many of the members of this board who were good evangilizers can attest to their own deceptions while they were members. I know that I flat out lied to people. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

• heathen
    heathen

Some good points . The WTBTS says that it's obedience to them that is salvation not the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the great crowd while the shed blood of jesus christ is the salvation of the " anointed". I think they twist things to the point they don't even know when they are lying.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Thanks for all the great feedback. For one, the Paradise Earth book explicitly talks about having to be in "God's Organization" to be saved. No wonder they wanted to replace it in 1995 with the Knowledge book. It appears that in recent years this doctrine is more cryptic than in years past. On the WT media site it even says that the WTS does not teach that JWs are the only ones to be saved. But then it qualifies that statement by saying that non-JWs from times past will be resurrected for a second chance in the kingdom.

So yes, it appears that JWs in general more and more are trying to conceal their weak spots. One of the classic identifying marks of destructive cults is that their doctrines are like layers of an onion. The outer layers are the more benign and acceptable to the general public, but then as one becomes more involved they are exposed to the deeper layers as they become more "spiritually ready" to learn them.

So I will send hardcopies I've obtained of the following:

paradise earth chap. 23 p. 191 God?s Visible Organization ***

Chapter 23 God?s Visible Organization WHY CAN WE be certain that God has a visible organization? One reason is that he has an invisible organization.

*** pe chap. 23 p. 193 God?s Visible Organization ***

7 Did Jehovah ever use more than one organization during any period of time? In Noah?s day only Noah and those with him inside the ark had God?s protection and survived the floodwaters. (1 Peter 3:20) Also, in the first century there were not two or more Christian organizations. God dealt with just the one. There was just the "one Lord, one faith, one baptism." (Ephesians 4:5) Likewise in our day Jesus Christ foretold that there would be only one source of spiritual instruction for God?s people. 8 When telling of his presence in Kingdom power, Jesus said: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matthew 24:45-47) On his return in Kingdom power in the year 1914, did Christ find a "faithful and discreet slave" class providing spiritual "food," or information? Yes, he found such a "slave" made up of the remaining ones on earth of his 144,000 "brothers." (Revelation 12:10; 14:1, 3) And since 1914 millions of persons have accepted the "food" they provide, and have begun practicing true religion along with them. This organization of God?s servants is known as Jehovah?s Witnesses.

*** pe chap. 23 p. 195 God?s Visible Organization ***

THEOCRATIC DIRECTION TODAY 13 God?s visible organization today also receives theocratic guidance and direction. At the headquarters of Jehovah?s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York, there is a governing body of older Christian men from various parts of the earth who give the needed oversight to the worldwide activities of God?s people. This governing body is made up of members of "the faithful and discreet slave." It serves as a spokesman for that faithful "slave."

*** pe chap. 25 p. 209 For Satan?s World, or God?s New System? ***

Satan?s world is this organized human society that exists apart from or outside of God?s visible organization. It is this world from which true Christians must be separate.?James 1:27.

*** pe chap. 30 p. 255 What You Must Do to Live Forever ***

14 Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God?s new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization?God?s visible organization?that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. (Matthew 7:21-23; 24:21) You must be part of Jehovah?s organization, doing God?s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life.?Psalm 133:1-3.

Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life chap. 17 pp. 161-163 Find Security Among God?s People ***

Likewise today, Jehovah deals with his people through an organized body. How do we know this?

Jesus said that at the time of his presence in Kingdom power, "the faithful and discreet slave" would be found providing "food at the proper time" for His followers. (Matthew 24:45-47) When Jesus was installed as heavenly King in 1914, who did this "slave" prove to be? Certainly not the clergy of Christendom. For the most part, they were feeding their flocks propaganda that backed up their own national governments in World War I. But proper and timely spiritual food was being dispensed by the group of true Christians who were anointed by God?s holy spirit and were a part of what Jesus called the "little flock." (Luke 12:32) These anointed Christians preached God?s Kingdom rather than man?s governments. As a result, over the years millions of righteously disposed "other sheep" have joined the anointed "slave" in practicing true religion. (John 10:16) Using the ?faithful slave? and its present-day Governing Body, God directs his organized people to make spiritual food, clothing, and shelter available to all who wish to have these provisions.

"FOOD

AT THE PROPER TIME"

Jesus said: "Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah?s mouth." (Matthew 4:4?Accordingly, he is providing spiritual food in abundance. But where can it be obtained?
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    This person claims that all past predictions which are wrapped up in these beliefs have since changed.

So why would you believe them this time around??

• Quotes
    Quotes

JWs/WTS claim to be God's Organization: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/organization.htm

JWs/WTS claim to be God's Propheet: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/prophet.htm.

They believe & teach that they are the ONLY true religion: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/exclusivity.htm

They believe & teach that prayers are useless and not heard if you are not a baptized JW in good standing: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/prayer.htm.

But it's OK if the bible study conductor lied to your friend. That person probably didn't have a "right to truthful information", so therefore it wasn't a lie: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/lie.htm.

Some might differentiate between WTS and JWs, but even with the recent changes in executive control, any claimed point of differentiation is "a distinction without a difference".

• willyloman
    willyloman

Perry:

You said it all. Our "lies" even had a name. We called it Theocratic Warfare.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    they don't believe that they are the one chosen religion/church

*** Watchtower 1983 February 15 p.12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth-But How? ***
    A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. ... Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

*** Watchtower 1957 June 15 p. 37 ***
    It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the 'slave' as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision

*** Awake! 1986 June 8 p.9 "Would That All Were Prophets!" ***
    You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Sorry if this is a repeat. I have a whole page of quotes like this. Good thread. Thanks!

WT 6/15/57 p. 370 "Respond to the direction of this organization as you
    would the voice of God."

WT 3/15/69 p. 172 "Jehovah's organization should influence our every
    decision."

WT 12/15/72 p. 755 "So, recognition of that governing body and its place in
    God's theocratic arrangement of things is necessary for submission to the
    headship of God's Son."

WT 7/1/73 p. 402 "How very much true Christians appreciate associating
    with the only organization on earth that understands the deep things of
    God!"

WT 2/15/76 p. 124 " Failure to respond to the direction of the organization
    indicates a rejection of Divine rulership."

WT 11/15/81 p.21 "come to Jehovah's organization for salvation.?

WT 12/1/81 p. 14 ?What is your attitude toward directives from the
    faithful and discreet slave? Loyalty should move you to be ready to
    obey.?

• heathen
    heathen

garybus --- You da man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit