Study conductor claims the "WTS is not the FDS"...and other JW affirmations

by M.J. 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• M.J.
    M.J.

I am currently following the ongoing saga of a person who is studying to be a JW and her unbelieving husband's attempts to sway her in this endeavor. He has gotten her to read CofC and she's halfway through it, but nonetheless, she remains bound to the JWs and wants to continue her persuit. He has tried to call into question that the WTS could have been appointed by Jesus as the "Faithful, Discreet Slave", but the person she is studying with flat out told her that JWs do not believe that Jesus chose the WTS as the FDS and, that they don't believe that they are the one chosen religion/church. This person claims that all past predictions which are wrapped up in these beliefs have since changed.

Any ideas on how he can respond to such claims? Any recent WT articles on this?

He has also relayed to me the following things that appear to be emotionally binding her to the group:

From what I can tell, she is most emotionally tied to the following JW beliefs:

-that we were meant to live forever, prior to Adam/Eve's sin -that JWs, unlike other faiths, concentrate their efforts on bible study and that is where their beliefs are based

-that Jesus is NOT God

-JWs do God's work by going door to door -despite knowing that no scholar recognizes the JW translation of the bible, she continues to read it and have doubts about the validity of
    commonly used bibles

Good responses to the above affirmations would also be very helpful to pass along.

• glitter
    glitter

The study conductor is lying (using theocratic warfare...) to try and stop any possibility of the lady doubting - see also "No, we don't shun."

Can the lady be shown in recent publications that they *do* believe it? Would also be a good time to introduce the ridiculousness of "New Light" in a God-led org.

• Valis
    Valis
    but the person she is studying with flat out told her that JWs do not believe that Jesus chose the WTS as the FDS and, that they don't believe that they are the one chosen religion/church.

if they aren't dog's chosen ones then why does one have to be a JW to be a good Christian? What if you were good to your fam, friends, read your bible, did charitable works, prayed, and was as Christ like as you could possibly be...or you never heard of the Witnesses. How would you be judged by the bible god when you died? If you would be hugjed as worthy of entering heaven or living forever then what is the point of being a JW? Simple answers to me, but in the end it all comes back to being assimilated or else.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• heathen
    heathen
    that JWs, unlike other faiths, concentrate their efforts on bible study and that is where their beliefs are based

Only a j-dub would make that claim . Ahhhhhh I can see the brainwashing happening right before my eyes . We catch them going beyond what is written all the time ..............

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The wbts IS the faithful and discreet slave. Tell him he is wrong!!!

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

For someone who says they aren't defending the wtbts it sure does seem like you are.

• kls
    kls

Correction,,,, The wbts thinks it is faithful and discreet slave. Tell him he is wrong!!!

• yesidid
    yesidid

This person claims that all past predictions which are wrapped up in these beliefs have since changed.

They use the excuse that they have changed their beliefs so we should not mention them.

Below is an absolutely brilliant refutation of that argument by JT. Well done JT.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/60257/1.ashx

yesidid

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought it was a doctrinal point, I did not realise it was a factual point

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

In all fairness based on your other posts & threads.....

YOU ( slimboyfat) SAID:

So...where is YOUR proof ? *grin*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit