Who Do You Think Really Knows That The Organization Is BullCrap???

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you think the Governing Body really knows it?? The lawyers?? The average elder or ministerial servant? Anyone out there?????????

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

yup, yup, and yup. for the most part anyhow they all have certain doubts. however the principle of conformity and fear of losing their families keep them in line.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Not to mention it's got to be a cozy little place to be, all that trust and all. My dad and uncles made so much money of the org...still do...it's insane.

• JH
    JH

Since the elders don't make money out of it, I guess that they believe all of it...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If I knew the answer to that min, I?d be in high cotton. I wish I personally exactly knew who knows. The problem is if they?re still in you have no way of knowing unless you brings some topic up and get a smile from them. But then you cant do that because you might talk to the wrong person and get labeled apostate. Shoot I may go to a CA or SAD or JWendofworld Con and be bumping in to fellow ?postates all over the place and not know it!

Maybe all closet apostates should start wearing a secret sign that only other closet apostates would recognize. Purple tri? upp no I guess not that.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I think that anyone above in the level CO or above should easily be able to recognize that the organization is full of it, but for personal enrichment choose to not bite the hand that feeds them and support the status quo.

There's not that many places to go where you get 6 million people supporting you to run around the world being a pompous ass.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

My dad and uncles made so much money of the org...still do...

How so, how did they make so much money from it? Just out of interest.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

JH: "Since the elders don't make money out of it, I guess that they believe all of it..."

This is not always the case. Many of the elders like the power they have, some really do believe it, many I think stay because of family. Many stay elders because of the status it brings them and their families, JWism is like any other social group, humans want to belong and long to be popular. Remember High School? The so called popular kids? Well being an elder, within JWism, is that popular crowd. You get invited to all the "gatherings", many look up to you... respect you. its a tremendous ego boost especially if you are a janitor. Is it right? Absolutely not but in many cases I think it is the truth.

• blondie
    blondie

John 11:45-48 ***

Therefore many of the Jews that had come to Mary and that beheld what he did put faith in him; 46 but some of them went off to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did. 47 Consequently the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the San´he·drin together and began to say: "What are we to do, because this man performs many signs? 48 If we let him alone this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation."

I always think of this scripture and how the Pharisees and chief priests had to know that Jesus was the Messiah but they did not want to give up their situation or authority.

If Jesus came tomorrow to earth, would the WTS give up their authority to him? I don't think so. I think they would kill him.

Blondie

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Most everyone. (At least those with a heart that hasn't turned to stone or a brain that has working brain cells).

Cathy L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit