Who Do You Think Really Knows That The Organization Is BullCrap???

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Is no intrusion! You belong here as much as anyone and your view and comments are as valid or more so in this case as anyone else.

I hears ya about being paranoid, I dont even put the state Im from in my profile. I look forward to the time when you can intro yourself. This is a pretty safe forum.

ISPec

• minimus
    minimus

Hopeless------I'm glad you're here!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

They do ...they have to! So Soapbox to them!

Brooke

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Alan, are you saying this about Teddy because you KNOW or because you assume? What do you think, minimus? AlanF

• toreador
    toreador

Alan, Youre discription of Jaraz reminds me of the disposition of our CO when I met with him. I was horrified and I seen my life flash before my eyes. He flipped from Mr. Nice to A**hole in about a fifth of a second. I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt been there and seen it with my own two eyes. It was this encounter that crystallized in my mind something was very very wrong in JWland. Toreador

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Minimus,

I think that many JW's smell a rat. They deep down in their psyche know that something is seriously wrong with the Organization but cognitive-dissonance precludes them being able to put all the pieces together. While they still believe that despite all its problems the WTS is the closest thing to the true religion that exists, then they will always have trouble putting these important pieces together.

One such reaction can be seen when you discuss, as I did recently, the whole issue of 607BCE / 1914CE with a couple of elders who still speak to me. When they found themselves cornered both reacted in a similar manner and used a similar phrase in dismissing this whole issue, upon which the WTS floats a very large ship. The phrase was, "Chronology, dates, these sorts of things do not matter in the end, what matters is love". This is interesting as it reflected in many ways a discussion that I had with a very senior member of Brookly staff a few years ago. He siad, "Chronology is not important, what is important is the visible sign that Christ gave us'. he fully acknowledged by the way that the WTS had a major problem with the chronology over the first fall of Jerusalem.

Another thing to note is that as long as the life is filled with misery, hardship war and pain, cults like the WTS will flourish.

Best regards - HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Toreador,

He flipped from Mr. Nice to A**hole in about a fifth of a second.

Don't you mean 'he flipped from Mr Small a**hole to Mr Large A**hole in a fifth of a second?" You are correct, this man has no friends and wants no friends, which is just as well, though he can be charming when he needs to be.

HS

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

Thanks Ip and Min, :)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I think that a lot of jws know that something is wrong but will never blame "mother". Most will acknowledge problems but they see them as local problems.

The average garden variety Jw does not see the whole picture, that the crap come from the Ivory towers. The 3 most used words coming out of Jw's mouth are "THEY NEVER SAID"

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit