Guarding the platform at assemblies and conventions

by bronzefist 49 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Carry a gun,goodness graceness me!

Why did the person feel a need?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Gary, thanks for the pictures, those are priceless.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Did the groupies attempt to bribe you with favors to get backstage?" LOL! Like some bottom feeding groupie sisters wanna jump the district overseer's bones in the greenroom?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Coult9056, they had a freaking convention on the Notre Dame campus!!!!!!!!!???????? You have got to be kidding me, that is just too much. I remember them giving talks about brothers quiting delivery jobs if they had to make deliveries to churches or military installations. But they have an assembly at Notre Dame? Oh man, they need to be protected from the rank and file if they ever really start thinking for them selves.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Wow...thanks garybuss for the pictures of the "cane brothers". I thought that was an urban myth. Heard they would rap people on the head if they tried to cause problems. ( The elder telling me laughted as he told me.) I was told Catholics use to come to disrupt meetings back then.

• garybuss
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Bronzefist

A reading of '30 yrs a wt slave' shows that rutherford was a provocateur. He would put his people in places doing things that were sure to get a negative reaction. He loved this publicity. It enabled him to scream 'persecution'. He had been, after all, a politician before he entered the religious field.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Wow, Gary-----interesting pictures! I've never seen these before!

For the Newbies here, I mentioned this before, but here in NY we had the assemblies held at the WAR MEMORIAL!

Having moved here from MA and had our own Assembly Hall or went to the Civic Center, I was really very surprised.

Annie

• coult9056
    coult9056

Yes, BigDog, we had several district conventions at the most famous Catholic University in the world, Notre Dame, but we were not allowed to play basketball at the YMCA because it stood for "Young Men's CHRISTIAN Association."

Those were the daze......days.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Coult9056, oh man, I feel a hate crime coming on. Much more of that kind of info and they'll need security from yours truly. And they had assemblies at the War Memorial?????????!!!!! WTF???!!! Yeah, I definitely feel a hate crime coming on.

Those sick twisted toilet bugs, I mean is there no limit to their hyprocrisy. I remember my cousin a true blue dub who ran a little printing business being ripped on because he printed menus for a restaurant with religious affiliations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit