Guarding the platform at assemblies and conventions

by bronzefist 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Gollum
    Gollum

I served as Security in the Chairman's office a few times. One time a D.O. whom I knew slightly, (and had a somewhat decent sense of humor) came in and asked me what my job is. I said that apparently if a crazed gunman came in my job was to point out who the bigwigs were. In regards to apostates at the conventions, I always thought that was so counterproductive. Don't intend to offend, but I always took comfort when I was a dub that there was one group of people even geekier than we were, which was anybody with a paper bag on their head and a bullhorn. It always seemed like it would be more effective to drive pass the convention towing a boat and shouting "I'm going to the beach! Anyone want to come?"

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Yes the "secret" dot, though for some reason i thought it was blue.

If you weren't wearing the right color dot, you weren't allowed to enter certain areas of the stadium/meeting facility. They changed it periodically to thwart the bad guys who might try to impersonate one of JW's.

Dubs are already paranoid. This is what happens when they establish a "security" force and begin to imagine they may come under literal attack at any moment.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I also heard the security troops used the Stephen King verison of Psalms 126 as their prayer, The Lord is my shepard, I don't need anyting, he greases my head up with oil, and gives me kung fu in the face of my enemies.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'd forgotten about the dots.
    The different colours represented different areas, like the back of the platform, the Chairman's office, etc.
    There weren't usually more than three, with some guys getting the nickname "Joseph".

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Working in accounts at the Astrodome one year we had to show the accounts dpt our blood card as proof we was who we said we was. Then we got snapped with a polariod with a dot on the back for an ID card. The color of the dot did signify a certain level of clearance. Green got you all the way up in to the Chairs office where the money countin was done.

It was so stupid, we would carry the cash up to there via a special route that changed after each collection, in a book bag so that we looked like regular brothers. LOL No I'm not making this @* up.

IPSec

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

IP... I also attended the conventions at the Astrodome up until I DAed around 1996.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Thats hilarious ip sec.I was just thinking how self important these brothers giving talks at assemblies think they are.It so funny how when you were younger ,you'd think you were cool if you were hanging around with some prominent brother.Oh ,god,it makes me sick just thinking about it.Those assembklies were horibble,everyone idolizing these men by proxy,with thier own little set up power structure.Remember the elders meeting they would always have after the assemblie,and mr.humble brother had to do all the cleaning.As if sitting in chair for 7 hours wasn't bad enough as a kid,having to take notes,look up scriptures and be brainwashed all day,then we had to clean up with my parents,while all the elders went to thier clique ass meeting.

There is no way that Jehovahs witness corporation is what god has in mind when they say,"pure worship"

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here we had two attendants stationed at every vending machine with orders to belly push any little kids away trying to buy a Rainbow Lifesavers. This is true. I was there and my three year old son and I were belly pushed away from a vending machine by Jehovah's Witnesses at their district assembly in Bismarck North Dakota. .

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey ya elsewhere, I remember you!!! :P I'm sure we woulda bumped sholders once on the mezzanine level at lunch time.

God that place was crowded but I loved going there tho.

It so funny how when you were younger ,you'd think you were cool if you were hanging around with some prominent brother

Yep exactly, only to really be a luzer.

IPSec

• diamondblue1974

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit