Guarding the platform at assemblies and conventions

by bronzefist 49 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

whoops didnt meant to press that...lol

Yet another year, at another ground, a woman decided to streak - LOL.

I seem to remember this...although i wasnt there, which ground was it?

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Fleaman:
    "are you talking about 2001 when an Arab Guy tried to get on the stage?"

My memory for dates is not good, but I think it was before then. Everyone in the crowd started clapping and avoided eye contact as he was led away in front of us; he was trying to shout something. We all looked like nutcases.

• coult9056
    coult9056

Here are a couple of good ones..

At Notre Dame's Joyce Athletic Arena, for our district conventions, an announcement was made not to buy Cokes out of the Coke machines in the hallways. I believe attendants were place around them, too. Before we had to start bringing our own meals, I remember always drinking Shasta colas at district and circuit assemblies. I can't remember the last time I even saw a Shasta can....or a fruit bag for that matter.

At our circuit assemblies in Indianapolis, attendants used to walk around with rectangle signs that said things like "Quiet Please," or "Take your seats." Sometimes I miss being treated like a child.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The practice was not stopped. There are attendants at the entrance to the stage at all of our assemblies.

Still lots of security at all the assemblies. I remember as do many others the dot placed on your lapel badge to identify youself to others of the security team.The team is placed around the platform and even in the front rows so nobody can approach the stage without being challenged. It is kept very low key and most dubs are not aware of it at all. I worked security one year and my job was to keep track of a pedophile. He was not a brother but someone who targeted the assemblies. We took shifts watching him the whole day. I don't know why we couldn't kick his sorry ass out of there but maybe they figured it was better to know where he was at all times. Looking back at the Rutherford era the security is way more relaxed now. Remember the pictures of all the brothers with canes. That was the WT version of clubs and they were used to beat heads and they did..

Here we had two attendants stationed at every vending machine with orders to belly push any little kids away trying to buy a Rainbow Lifesavers. This is true. I was there and my three year old son and I were belly pushed away from a vending machine by Jehovah's Witnesses at their district assembly in Bismarck North Dakota. .

Gary...That's more important duty than guarding the platform.They must have realised that every nickle that went to buying candy for a little child was not going to wind up in their pockets and it hurt them bad... A*#holes

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

There was a bomb scare at a district convention here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada a couple of years back. It was all about the whole Betheny Hughes blood issue. I was a witness at the time and was really pissed at the guys who did it because the older ones in wheelchairs and such were very scared. When we all got back into the building the speaker said some crap about us 'setting a record or something for the fastest evacuation, we'll probably be on the local news!'. One guy was so freaked out he stood up and sang along to some instrumental track with tears running down his face.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Diamond:In the mid 90's, but I forget when. It was south of the Midlands somewhere, but not Twickers.
    Sorry I'm so vague. I tried looking it up on the Net and couldn't find it, but I know it was reported in the press.

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

LMAO!!!!!

SOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!...I actually forgot that they did that!!!!......JW secret service.....GOODNESS!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How about security at bethel?

I knew a bro that worked there in the 40's I think as a security guard. He said they carried a club - but before that they used to carry a gun until one night a scared bethelite shot up two rolls of paper and cost them alot of money.

Now there is a reason to change policies - MONEY!

Jeff

• garybuss
  • garybuss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit