Describe Yourself Without Being Revealing.

by Golf 85 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hmmm...Oh, what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

I am someone who craves balance in all things. People come to me to find creative solutions to problems. I am actually very shy in person, and tend to hang silently about the edges of a social event, and will rarely approach anyone but will let them come to me. I've been in my fair share of fistfights, but usually in defense of a friend or one of my children. I read voraciously, but also enjoy movies (suspense, monster flicks, comedy) and have a large collection of them.

Went through a weird period after the JW's when I had a death wish and did anything dangerous I could think of, but never did the parachute thing. Still want to try that one. Anyone have experience with that?

I'm the one the neighbors ask to pick up their mail, watch their kids, train their pets, and keep the house keys while they are on vacation in case something happens and emergency services has to get into the building. Have a hard time saying no if I think it'll help someone.

Used to be pretty, but look into the mirror these days and am sad. Things really wrinkle, gray, and droop after 30... :(

Love my husband and kids. Love to cook but not really bake. I used to train Western Pleasure horses and miss it, but my knees are shot and I can't do it anymore. Enjoy swimming, pool, crosstitch, sewing, history, and cars with lots of horsepower.

I Have a great deal of hope in the future, and look forward to growing old with my hubby, and spoiling the socks off my grandchildren (if I ever get any). In spite of everything I've dealt with, I have faith in the human spirit and believe it will turn out alright.

Jeannie

• Golf
    Golf

whyamihere, have you read 'all' the posts on this topic, if you have, did you find any that are encouraging and thought provoking? I did. Let me ask, what do you do to make life exciting and worth living? Are you trying to acomplish to much at one time instead of in increments? Why not read over the encouraging posts and PM them if you have any questions? It's worth a try, yes or no? Thanking you for replying.

Orangefatcat, encouraging post. Its great to see you use the word LOVE so often. You'd get along great with my wife. Thanks

Auntiejane, a cancer survivor (a blessing) 'who loves life more than ever.' My wife goes to cancer meetings. I wish you all the best. Thank you.

Jeanniebeanz, you hit the nail on the head when you said, 'I am someone who craves for balance in all things.' Your attitude is encouraging, you said, 'I have a great deal of hope in the future.' 'I have faith in the human Spirit and believe it will turn out all right." Many thanks.

I posted this topic to show that life has meaning. I was hoping that others would read the positive experiences and give them a boost to have a purposeful and meaningful life not just an existence.

Guest77

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Love the color RED! Anything and everything red!

Then you'd love my ice trays.

• Golf
    Golf

Flyhighnow, can I assume you saw the movie, 'The Lady In Red?'

Guest77

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

.I cherish my family. I cherish my friends. I like people. I think that babies and toddlers are magic, children and the elderly are precious. I love well written literature. One of the most important cliches that I have learned to be true is: This too shall pass. I also believe there is more happiness in giving than in receiving.

I love art. I love music.I'm creative.

Oh yeah, I don't use drugs. I rarely have a drink. I'm giddy and goofy enough naturally. I'd rather see a comedy. I enjoy a good laugh.

I'd rather have baked salmon than steak anytime.

People that know me well describe me as multi-faceted, complex, intense, passionate, empathetic, kind, forgiving, ready with a quip, assertive (especially when it comes to smokers trying to smoke on the non smokers break time at work), introspective, analytical.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyhighnow, can I assume you saw the movie, 'The Lady In Red?'

No, I haven't seen it: does she have red ice trays, too?

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Here is a little bit about me. Please read or sing to the tune of Don Williams ?I Believe?

I don't believe in superstars,
    processed food and using cars.
    I don't believe in hording gold;
    spend it all before your old.
    That I am right and you are wrong
    means that we can't get along.
    That peace is wrong, so war is best
    I like to get things of my chest.

But I believe in love.
    I believe in babies (after two years old maybe)
    I believe in Mom and Dad.
    And I believe in you.

Well, I don't believe life everlasting waits,
    For only those who congregate (in kingdom halls)
    I like to think of God as love:
    But feel like I?ve had enough,
    being judged by men as bad, when
    God knows who does and doesn't care.
    I wish that God would talk to man
    Instead of giving a cryptic plan.

But I believe in love.
    I believe in music.
    I believe in magic. (Not keen on Paul Daniels though)
    And I believe in you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

wb Seamus.

Golf:Is this like one of those ads?

"Active, M, 30something seeks blonde with a twinkle in her eye..."

• prophecor
    prophecor

Quirky, Eccentric, Idealistic, Colorful, Polite, Prudish, Egocentric, Enigmatic, Vindictive, Arrogant, Imaginative, Animated, Ideosyncratic, Aggressive, Overly Confident, Infantile, Impish, Destructive, Good Natured, Non Chalant, Charismatic, Old Fashioned, Old School, Out of Touch, Hopeful, Before my Time, Ahead of the Curve, Prescient, Out to Lunch, Off the Clock, Self Absorbed, Behind the Times, Too Smart for My Own Good, Too Good to Be True, True to the Game, Oblivious to the Blatantly Obvious, Socially Conscious, Asleep at the Wheel, Comic Relief, Overly Astute, Benevolent Dictator, Sheepish, Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, Black Sheep, Chauvinistic, Gentlemanly Scholar, Altruistic, Artful Dodger, Master of Ceremonies, Fred Flintstonian, Running out of Things to Say.................

• Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit