Describe Yourself Without Being Revealing.

by Golf 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

As I told kl, I'm not sabotaging her thread, mine has a twist, for example, my wife 'descibes' me best by always reminding that I'm not 'normal.' This means I do things differently than the ordinary person as I'm into many activities. Many of these activities involve people.

I'm a professional,I'm a person of my word and action. I stay out of people's personal lives. I enjoy reading and listening to people. It brings me pleasure to hear and see people move forward with their lives.

How about you? Can you 'describe' yourself without being revealing?

Guest77

• under74
    under74

mmmm...I'll give it a go

I'm a student. I'm a procrastinator, yet I have some integrity and manage to get things done. I love peace--but I like a good fight. I like reading, watching films. I like to hear stories...

• under74
    under74

forgot to add....

I like pina coladas and getting lost in the rain...

(or is it "taking walks in the rain?".......I forget)

• franklin J
    franklin J

I am just a regular working class "Joe" with a pretty wife; 3 wonderful kids and mortgage to pay....what else can one ask for.....?

loving it all....

frank

• Golf
    Golf

under74, I'm not asking for details, you can say things about yourself without personally revealing the personal things. Do you get my drift?

Hey, as long as you get things done, so be it, right? Does your slowness affect the world? Nah. If you enjoy doing the things you do, who's business is it? I'm glad to know your into other things, if it makes you happy, I'm with you. Have a good day.

Guest77

• under74
    under74

I gotcha Golf.

You have a good day yourself.

• Golf
    Golf

So, Franklin J, is the J for ordinary Joe? You were short and to the point with flavor. Any hobbies? No hidden talents? This is an interesting question because I'm not asking anyone to be personal and revealing. Thanks

Guest77

• franklin J
    franklin J

:)

...the "J" in my avatar is for my middle name ( James); I used it to distinguish me, only because there is another "Franklin" in the directory for membership.

My hobbies are fencing ( it is good excercise); I work out at a gym everyday for aerobics; cardio and light weight lifting to keep trim; at my age ( soon to be 49), every little bit helps to keep in shape.

I love sailing and until recently raced 12 meter sailboats ( C&C 40 and Ericson 39). I am an avid gardener and in the good weather am outside putering in my gardens.

I play tennis everday with my wife.

We are forever tinkering with our old house; there is always something to add; restore or rebuild. The property is large and although there is a lawn service to maintain the lawn; I do all the other gardening.

My children are always a part of all this. It is interesting to me to watch the older one developing a life of her own and friends of her own. I see it all as a marvelous backdrop for them to live out their childhoods; that way it all makes sense to me.

I also have a real "job" and go to work everyday. I am an architect and design schools on Long Island.

• Golf
    Golf

FJ, after reading your last post you call yourself an ordinary Joe? Hmmmmmm. Your an active Joe, that's great! Nothing boring about your life.

My wife and you would get along great in the garden, she can spend the entire day in the garden, now, if she would only spends as much time with me as she does with her flowers, I would bloom. (Pun intended)

Wow, you have one great active life. You did a great job describing yourself without being revealing. Family man, play tennis with the Mrs, architect, sailing, gardener, remodel old homes, fencing, and seeing your children enjoy life. OK, and that's what an ordinary Joe does?

Soon to be 49? My oldest daughter is 41 and her son is 22. With your age, you have plenty of spunk left in you. Thanks for the info. My best to all.

Guest77

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't know if I understood the exercice exactly, but from an other topic this question following, it came out like this :

I'm passionate, I have no patience when it's about something that really is important to me, pleasure and inner peace is somehow what I'm looking for. inner peace doesn't mean that I'm not ready to fight ... I do ... If I need/want to. I have a very lonesome nature, I need lot of time for : dreaming, ressourcing myself, and having fun (my way) and with others any way, I'm very curious (about any kind of processes from the why to the what), I'm physicall when I'm playing, mental when I'm serious, and stupid from time to time and more over when too much feelings gets in the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit