getting my feet wet!

by Shania 43 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Welcome, Shania! I sense that you fit right in immediately...I think you're a very social person. That'll help a lot, both here and in your fade. Good to see you here!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Low and slow is probably the best way to do it. At 17 I just exploded and said, no more meetings, no more talk of baptism which really rocked the boat. After that died down then I was much more low profile about it if asked and things seemed to much better that way.

Having been out for more than half of my life now, all I can offer is my own experience, and that is it (life) just keeps getting better and better the longer you are out.

• holly
    holly

Welcome Shania

come on in and have a good splash

holly

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Come on in! The water is great!

*** Splashes a little water at Shania ***

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hi Shania,

Welcome! hope you enjoy the site and share your thoughts.By the way I'm also from the Timmins area

Goldminer

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think I did just that ( no paddling in the shallow end - just dove straight in) without, in my social ineptness, introducing myself, but as a newbie too I would like to say hi and welcome.but i think i would have been too shy to start a thread saying hi anyway even if i'd known it was the right ettiquette! I wish I had lurked a little but pooter problems prevented me from doing so when i joined).

but also thanks to everyone else here for their openess and liberal mindness. how refreshing to taste "lifes water free" for real!

• seven006
    seven006

Shania,

Once you settle in and eventually become branded as an apostate there are things you are going to need. All JW's think apostates are surrounded by demons. We're not but we get a kick out of them thinking we are. If you do not have any demons to hang out with right now, don't worry, I sell, rent, and lease them.

I have wide range of demons ranging from the spooky boogie man type to playful plate throwing and door slamming type. I use to have some human body possessing kind that made you puke green pea soup and spin your head around but people kept getting tired of the clean up so I have taken them out of my inventory.

My best sellers are the crazed mental defective body possession type. They force you to grow your hair out so it looks like burnt rope mixed with yard refuge and drink large amounts of cheep beer. I highly recommend this demon type. If you need a reference on this one, just PM one of our members "Valis" and ask him how he likes his.

I take both Visa and MasterCard. Just let me know when you are ready. I'm here to help everyone with their demon companion needs.

Dave

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

hhmmm.........how do you follow that???

"Howdy Shania" and welcome! I`m fairly new myself, this place will become quite addictive for you

...oooops! All most forgot "Welcome" BigDog!!

• Shania
    Shania

seeit, you already figured me out that fast........I am social and I care about people to a fault.....don't always get back what I put into it.....but I have to be me

Holly and Crumpet, thanks for the welcome, I know there are new ones on board like me so I look forward to chatting with you all.

• Jez
    Jez

Welcome Shania. Makes me feel good to know that there are people that just cruise here, reading, thinking, and then finally feel comfortable enough to say hi.

Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit