March KM also gives instructions to POs

by stillajwexelder 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Also in the MARCH KM apart from the big front page article about AWAKE being monthly - is a rebuke to POs to distribute KMs as soon as they arrive. I am glad about this - Far too many POs are control freaks and distribute KMs at last possible minute - it is almost as if they are saying - I am better than you because I get my KM about 3 weeks before you do. Anyway we got our March KMs last night and they were distributed immediately

• Honesty
    Honesty

Stilla, that is one of the few times since I left when I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall to hear all the ooohing and aaaahing about how the FDS knows just when to make adjustments in order to reach the most sheep.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Did you also notice the announcement about the songs circulating among JWs? A few months ago JWs thought George Benson & Celine Dion remade a few Kingdom Melodies. The Branch says the friends are calling asking about the songs. The Branch announces they do not authorize the songs and JWs are not supposed to circulate or download the songs from the Internet.

These guys are really over stepping their bounds. I'm sure more people have called about the UN deal than about the songs. How come there wasn't an announcement about the UN?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

good catch doinmypart

The Branch announces they do not authorize the songs and JWs are not supposed to circulate or download the songs from the Internet.

caulk suckers

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sorta like the "Keep your Eyes on the Prize" song. I played the original copyrighted Disney song (something about 'here comes the Prince') to an active JW elder the other night. He said "You still have the Kingdom Melodies, even though you are an apostate?" until he heard the notes change. then it was "Someone has taken a Kingdom Song and rearranged it, how strange." I'm still laughing about that one.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Doinmypart said:

I'm sure more people have called about the UN deal than about the songs. How come there wasn't an announcement about the UN?

Excellent point! I'll have to remember to ask my Mom about that.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    The Branch says the friends are calling asking about the songs.

GB: "QUIT BUGGING US ABOUT THESE FRICKIN' SONGS DAMNIT"

lmao

Kwin

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok, wait....

What kingdom hall song was taken from a Disney song?

And ok, I can kinda see George Benson, but Celine Dion? Rolly 1

• Puternut
    Puternut
    Did you also notice the announcement about the songs circulating among JWs? A few months ago JWs thought George Benson & Celine Dion remade a few Kingdom Melodies. The Branch says the friends are calling asking about the songs. The Branch announces they do not authorize the songs and JWs are not supposed to circulate or download the songs from the Internet.

Isn't that interesting. Most of THEIR songs are taken from classical nocturnes, overtures, or a lullaby. Or even selections of musicals. Do they think we're stupid?

Puternut

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I think it's quite possible that someone might have taped George Benson singing a Kingdom Song as a part of general worship and distributed it. Or perhaps someone who sounds like him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit