Why would you want to kill the org?

by what_Truth? 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Tatiana,

I am so sorry for the things the WT has brought into your life. So many of us have had these tragedies visit us 'face to face.' I know you cannot forget, nor can I. Since we have broken free of a mind-control cult...we are in the very best position to KNOW the dangers that may visit other people.

Even older people..who may be "happy" and "set in their ways" in the Truth ?. We cannot make them change, but, we OWE them honesty. True...it may be upsetting and unsettling for them to learn what the WT really does to people, but, suppose by their learning...they can plant seeds of doubt in their grandkids ? Perhaps...that may save their life someday in the future.

Someone once told me: "Most JW's will just remain faithful all their lives...until 'it' gets real personal...THAT is what wakes them up."

Very true words.

Things got very personal for me.

Hang in there Tatiana,

Rabbit

• franklin J
    franklin J

Jez and sunspot and rabbit

I do apologize if my post offended anyone.

I was also raised as a JW and never was given ANY choice in choosing that faith in my life. My life as a JW was, in hindsight ; dull and oppressive. As we all know; we were not taught to think; only to act upon what watchtower told us. We did it blindly.

It was not until I made the conscious choice to leave ( 20 years ago) that the world opened up for me. The break was painful for me and many times I did not think I was going to make it. Two years in therapy and eventually the fog lifted and I actually began to "enjoy" life; and develped the ability to think for myself and weigh my own decisions and actually make my own decisions in life.

I do relate to the pain many are experiencing posting on this forum; I can also say with conviction that this will pass; and with a positive attitude and direction there is light at the end of the tunnel. That New World does come; but in a way the JWs never imagined.

If you disagree with my statement; that is OK to do so. But I do believe that JWs as a "class of people" do not; cannot think for themselves. They ARE NOT encouraged to do so. If they were, there would be considerable LESS of them.

regards and be well, Frank

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I do apologize if my post offended anyone.

Frank,

I appreciate your apology, although it wasn't necessary. I've always liked your comments (as far as I remember) and you've never come across as arrogant or uptight.

Mostly, I was puzzled more than anything that you could feel the way that you did.....but heck----that's what this place demonstrates---that we CAN agree to disagree and say so, either way!

I admit that I harbor a LOT of resentment for the WTS that may never go away. It isn't my best quality, but it's an honest emotion.

You posted your opinion in answer to a question that was posed, so who can argue with an expressed opinion on a discussion board?

hugs,

Annie

• franklin J
    franklin J

annie,

• franklin J
    franklin J

annie,

thanks for letting me off the hook so easily.

Yes, this forum is a good place to respectfully present differing opinions; something forbidden to us as practicing JWs. I do enjoy a good debate.

I suppose that I have been away from the JW break for so long, that I forget how painful it is to many here. The fact is that time and good experiences in life do heal the pain.

I realize that there are many posting on this forum that have truly been hurt by the JW teachings; whole lives devoted to a belief that they must question at some point. My experiences with the JWs was bitter and emotionally devasting; however, I did not lose a loved one due to the blood issue, or anything similar. I lost a lifestyle and had to question my existence. So I built a new life and learned to fit in with the "real world". The reality of the situation for me, was that my life literally "blossomed"

But losing a loved one is far more devastating. Compared to some on this forum, my experiences were mild.

I have come very far in rebuilding my life. The wounds have healed, but I do not forget my roots.

If I can do it , so can others. If I can learn to think for myself and stand up to the Witness propaganda; so can others.

I have also developed a tough skin to anything the JWs may choose to through at me ( they keep their distance). I know how they think ( as we all do) and shut them down before they can get to first base. I have denied them ANY power in my life and have relegated them to a non entity; powerless. Hence my original comment that they are nothing more than a "nusaince".

regards, frank

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I have denied them ANY power in my life and have relegated them to a non entity; powerless.

Frank,
    That's a good place to BE! I've often thought that I'd reached that plateau, only to find something I call the "ripple effect" come and blindside me, and I'm back to square one. This is all due to relatives who are still "in" and how their conduct effects me.

It's not just the shunning-I could deal with that, but the deliberately hurtful actions that have been taken towards me, are way over and above simply shunning. They still have the power to purposely hurt me although I wish it wasn't so. One daughter (Pioneer/elder's wife) has done some extremely nasty and underhanded things, which include some damaging and horrid outright lies that she has told many others that we knew.

We were the last to know that she was saying these total lies, and my other kids (sworn to secrecy) had kept quiet about this not to hurt our feelings. This all came out right after I came home from rehab after my first stroke.

This was only ONE example of the things she has done or tried to do to me......but fortunately, now my other kids are wising up to her sneaky tactics and have begun to turn against her. Some of her antics have been going on since before I left the WTS. I wish I could list all of the nasty and mean-spirited things that she has done over the years but I can't.

This is only a small part of the type of things that have happened to me since I left.....all "relative" connected. Just when I think they're all done with their game-playing.....BAM----they pull something else! I never get the chance to heal before there's another slam. In this respect---I'm not allowed to shrug things off and re-focus, or be allowed the luxury of simply being left alone.

Maybe now you can see why I get kind of antsy when people say that the WTS no longer holds power over them.....because they still HAVE the power to kick me in the butt through my family and I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I am so ashamed and disgusted that I ever got mixed up with the WTS.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Franklin

I suppose that I have been away from the JW break for so long, that I forget how painful it is to many here. The fact is that time and good experiences in life do heal the pain.

I realize that there are many posting on this forum that have truly been hurt by the JW teachings; whole lives devoted to a belief that they must question at some point. My experiences with the JWs was bitter and emotionally devasting; however, I did not lose a loved one due to the blood issue, or anything similar. I lost a lifestyle and had to question my existence. So I built a new life and learned to fit in with the "real world". The reality of the situation for me, was that my life literally "blossomed"

But losing a loved one is far more devastating. Compared to some on this forum, my experiences were mild.

Frank,

I do respect you. I see that you've had your trials, too and are a sensitive enough person to even offer an apology. Thank you. I believe...like you do...that time and hard work at separating ourselves from the JW's will pay off richly.

The situation I have...right this minute...is very complex. My last meeting was almost 5 years ago, so, I am out. Like you, I've had my therapy. I've gone on with my life the best I can. I've remarried to a fantastic woman, who although is un-touched by the WT, she's had a lot of grief, too. I can help her with that...she helps me with my JW demons.

My situation is... I have 3 children who were taught by me & their mother...to believe the Watchtower's lies. One of my daughters, under the extreme pressure of this religion, attempted suicide, while under her mothers roof. She is depressed and because of other situations she is not really getting any help. Her mother and all the JW's around her keep letting her know how 'below the mark' she is...gotta DO more, Pray more...devote your life whole-souled, you know the drill.

I have been able for quite a while to help her with her depression, I am a better listener than her Mom. Another daughter has just been DF, I don't know if she will fold and go back to meetings or just follow her fathers example. I am being shunned, although not yet DF, for re-marrying and no-meetings. This makes it difficult to have contact with my kids.

And there is an even bigger issue going on right now, I cannot give details, but, I am still fighting the WT influence. As long as my children are associated with JW's...they are at risk.

I am very glad you have never had the experience of losing someone in death, over a stupid religion. I think I can guarantee you would not be as healed as you are.

Normally (which is not now...) I am very calm natured and easy-going...with what's going on, I cannot be calm.

Thanks for understanding,

Rabbit

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Sunspot,

I just read your post. Sadly, that pretty well explains my experiences the last few years. The difference is...my X-wife is the lying JW war-monger whose plethora of lies to my children and others...is just now coming to the light of day.

I never even knew of the bulk of the lies, because, I was never told. But, the damage was being done.

Simple. Effective.

By a Christian Witness of Jehovah (pure as the driven snow - type)

You have my sympathy Sunny.

Rabbit

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:As for the six million worshiippers who "may slit their wrists" if they knew the truth; had it ever occurred to you that they may or would, slit their wrists ANYWAY?

Yeah, but what about their freaking KIDS man. That and only that is the biggest reason why I want that religion obliterated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit