Why would you want to kill the org?

by what_Truth? 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I know that there's a lot of people here who have been deeply hurt by the Jehovah's Witnesses (I have as well). I also know that the GB are a bunch of lying bastards. Still I have also met a lot of people who have made their lives MUCH better by becoming Jehovah's Witnesses. I also think there are a lot of people who rely on them as the only support system that can get them through life. In a way i'm kind of glad that they keep lying to people and changing their doctrines because if they were to come clean it would probably cause 6 million people to slash their wrists open because they would see nothing left worth living for.

I wonder, is it really kind to reach out to those people and expose the way they've been mislead? Isn't it better just to let them be blissfully ignorant? Is there certain criteria that we should look for in a dub before trying to snatch him from the org?

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    because if they were to come clean it would probably cause 6 million people to slash their wrists open because they would see nothing left worth living for.

(dont think that this is directed towards you)

Well, whose fault do you think that is? I really don't think it would be that extreme though. I think it would be more of an exit en masse of disillusioned ex-followers who simply had a lapse in judgement.

laters

kaykay_mp

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

There was a time when I would have killed them. There was a time when I would have killed myself. But really, my frustration at the way my life went for the first 22 years is no different than anybody else'sfrustration. Nobody gets where they think they want to go. All you can do is run out and enjoy life as much as humanly possible and do whatever your hand finds to do.

So, no, I don't think I'd want to kill them. I'd maybe denounce them in a huge newspaper, debunking all the myths and exposing all the lies... but whatever... je ne sais quois

CZAR

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I didn't mean literally going out and killing anyone. I meant completely undermining the organization's structure so that they can no longer function. Sorry for the confusion.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Too me I want the Governing Body exposed so many families can be reunited. If the Governing Body get exposed many families will reunite. Less people will die from following thier enforced laws on "No Blood Transfussions". Yeah many people will feel let down just like all of us have when we came out of the mind control fog. I think putting all the GB in jail will do the trick and self help groups will spring up for the JWs everywhere to give help.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly
    Isn't it better just to let them be blissfully ignorant?

Yeah probably so for some JW's, especially older, deeply entrenched ones.

The only problem is ex-JW's are usually in the position of defending their skepticism of the Society. For me, I get irritated when family members actual try to look down on me when in reality they are the naive schmucks who have been duped. Once that happens I then try to compell them to at least acknowlege the point. I don't know about anyone else, but if I were not confronted by it, I doubt I would seek to dissuade anyone unless they asked and were receptive. The only exception might be someone who is young or just became acquainted with JW's.

So, while ignorance is bliss, arrogance will get you a (spiritual) punch in the nose!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, there will always be those who need to rely on something or someone else.

But, as a whole, I believe the WTS does much more harm than good.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Too me I want the Governing Body exposed so many families can be reunited. If the Governing Body get exposed many families will reunite. Less people will die from following thier enforced laws on "No Blood Transfussions".

100 percent agreed here. Also remember all the sexual abuse cover-ups. I personally don't see any point in trying to talk to them if they don't want to discuss it. Also have to be especially careful with older ones in poor health.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I think the movie Logan's run applies....

sure they lived a life of blissful ignorance for a while... but it was a prison... and once Logan broke out and

saw reality, he could not help but want to liberate those still ignorant.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I would want to kill the WT because it is evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit