Do you let your dub relatives watch your kids?

by avishai 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Absolutely NOT!

We all know that at EVERY chance, the WTS views will be slipped in as "conversation", even by those who ARE speaking to you! The idea that relatives are or aren't shunning anyone doesn't really have much to do with it---the JW mindset DOES.

I was leery when I WAS JW, and was uncomfortable when nonJW relatives would take my kids and tried to put stuff in their minds about birthdays and holidays, etc, so things haven't changed in that respect! LOL!

For Pete's sake, soon after I DAed myself, we were at the drive-in movies, and our 11 year old grandson had to use the restroom. We were right by the door and could see when he went in and who else was in there. An elder (BS conductor) and neighbor (three houses away from us) cornered him while using the restroom, and told him how he should be coming to the meetings, and how they all miss him, yadayadayada.......I was FURIOUS that he would DO that---BUT---you know JWs!

The kiddies NEED to be protected from this kind of thing, and I wouldn't allow the JW relatives anywhere near them unless they were supervised!

Just my 2 cents

Annie

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

gotta agree here............ they use that scripture........... would you give your son a loaf of bread or a serpent..... well ALL KNOW that jws teachings are posion........... so no there will NOT be any babysitting by jws, and no the only way that my parents or my wifes as far as that goes will EVER get their hands on my son is if they can pry my cold dead fingers off of him..........

we are even working out who to make his god parents so that they will have parental rights over my own jw relatives should something happen to me or the wife.

my son will NEVER be alone with those people.........

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Friends of mine let their little girl stay with her cousin. ( a rabid foaming at the mouth BAPTIZED 11 year old) The witless relatives won't even have anything to do with their worldly neighbours,

She had nightmares for weeks about Armageddy and kept pleading to go to the HELL so they wouldn't all be killed by Jehoobie.

I just echo everybody else -NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILD ALONE WITH A WITLESS.

HB

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My mom-in-law is still in and I let her keep the kids. She is wonderful. When my mom cut me off she found out and called me. She was so mad. Strange for a witness, but to her and FIL, family is first and foremost. We were at my niece's BB game and my 12 yr old showed her the cross she got for Xmas and she just said, "That's very pretty!". I don't think I could keep my kids from them if I wanted to. And since my mom is out of the question, they NEED grandparents. I have told my 9 yr old that if she wants to go to my mom's and spend the night it's OK. We would have her aunt pick her up before meeting. BUT she hasn't even asked. This way I come off as the good guy, and my mom is the bad guy. Rightly so.

momz

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

No! Only when we're around. Even if they agreed to not discuss anything relgious - they would be lying. I'm 100% certain of that. They've lied to me about conversations with my kids in the next room that I've overheard.

• Scully
    Scully

Re: Do you let your dub relatives watch your kids?

No. NO. and HELL NO.

Even when we were JWs, we were wary of this practice.

• delilah
    delilah

No, my kids have never gone to my parents' place, without us. My boys are in their early teens now, and my parents have never asked to have them, even when we were good little dubs.

It used to really bother me, because my kids have never really had the "grandparent" experience, plus the fact that my mom always thinks of my brothers' kids, never mine....but it doesn't bother me now. It's my parents' loss. My kids could care less, if Gramma and Grampa are here...or if they called.

• Gringa
    Gringa

I am different. I let my kids stay with my mom, once in a while (maybe for a week or two every summer). She took them to the Kingdom Hall and had Bible studies with them. We would talk about it when they came home and I would explain that it is not the "truth". That it is a religion and there are many of them out there. I figured it did them no harm to learn about the Bible stories.

They are all adults now. Not one of them has had anything to do with the Witnesses. Franky, what CHILD would ever willing belong to this borg? If anything, it turned them off of all religion. 4 kids, not one of them are religous in any way, shape or form.

• Gringa
    Gringa

OH!!! And I agree, if your parents do not speak to you - KEEP YOUR KIDS AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM AS POSSIBLE. Do NOT allow your children near them.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit