Help and advice needed soon , please

by jules99 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jules99
    jules99

Thanks Ross,

We are going to plant the tree at Dovestones Reservoir at Greenfield near Oldham, it is a beautiful spot. Our house is just on the border of Rochdale/Oldham, we lived in Rochdale before, (Norden) and moved here before we got married.

However, our favourite place in the world was the Isle of Arran, but could prove a bit too expensive getting the CalMac over there every week!

Small world !

Jules

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((Jules))))

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the totally heartless way you have been treated by the so called loving religion of JWs

The tree ceremony sounds like a lovely way to remember Dan.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Dear Jules,

Many have given good advice here. My two cents: It appears that the controlling mind set of this religion has made itself evident by the way you've been treated, and the lack of respect for your wishes. My mother passed away when I was 15, and she was disfellowshipped at the time. Her family, who are not JW's, stepped up to give her a funeral. My father, who is still a JW, wouldn't even attend the funeral. The service was wonderful, and I was able to read her a poem which I put in her grave. There was no mention of the word Jehovah, but the word Love sure did come up a lot. To me, it is despicable that a person or persons could let a religion get in the way of honoring someone they supposedly loved dearly. The point I am trying to make (poorly), is this: If God is love, why would he want his people to act so unlovingly? How could doctrine be more important than family? I hope you don't fall into the JW trap, they will not be kind and loving to you. In fact, you may always be seen as bad association for the way your relationship began, rather than a wife who loves her husband very much. My sincerest condolences for your loss, I hope you can find some peace. As far as where Dan has gone, he is right there with you. I don't feel that my mother is cold and buried in the ground, she is here with me always, in my heart and mind, wether there is a heaven/paradise or not.

~Tamar

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((Jules))

sorry to hear about your situation. Please take the advice of others and help/heal yourself.

When you are ready there are so many books on the market about whatever you want to believe about life after death. I feel its a personal decision what you believe.

Hugs,

Joy

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Jules,

My condolences in your loss. Losing a husband and close friend is bad enough without having to go through the very Un-Christian display that you endured. So sorry for that.

The witnesses honestly do not know how to show affection to anyone that is not a current member of their religion. It was not anything personal, they are just really blind to how they treat people. I'm glad that you have family and friends that are not part of that group, who can be supportive of you in this time.

Take care,

Jeannie

• sf
    sf

'Illuminate My Path'

My deepest sympathies.

sKally

• Simon
    Simon

((( Jules )))

Sorry to hear what they have put you through

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

While I've never been to Arran, I know Calmac Ferries well. I live on the Isle of Lewis
    It's a very small world, as I knew folks in Oldham, too.

Simon and Angharad (who posted above, and own this board) are from Manchester...

• clementine
    clementine

I'm really sorry for what you live... I hope all these advice everyone gave you will help you in a such difficult moment... take care...

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Jules I'm so sorry for your loss and the way you have been treated.

:and let them carry his coffin in, even though I felt like screaming at them for not seeing him for 8 years.

I don't even know what to say to this.. only that it wasn't personal on the part of the witnesses-they are completely deluded people. After all of this is over for you you may even be able to find it in your heart to feel sorry for them. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit