Spirit appointed elders reveal information. Elders are disfellowshipped

by garybuss 37 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird

We had an elder in our congregation who was young for an elder really, 25, newlywed and no kids. He started bringing his wife when he went to counsel people and handle problems. The other elders didn't seem to have a problem with that. Until she started gossiping about everything. She caused so much trouble that eventually they moved away to another province. He was never removed as elder. Not sure how they are doing as I haven't seen them for over 20 years.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

The WTBTS relies on the gossipmill to get things through to the Rank & File. So they use it to their liking and then comdemn people when they get caught with information the WTBTS doesn't want known. * sheeesh* can you spell c - u - l - t ?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I don't get it... was I sheltered... elders removed?

I have NEVER seen this! I know it happens somewhere, but I've only heard about it. Kinda like the easter bunny.

I've seen multiple bodies of elders get away with "murder" repeatedly, and the most I ever heard was that J' will take care of it in his due time.

I think the local 911 operators could learn a lot from this... just tell every caller to relax that J will take care of it in His due time. (puke)

u/d (of the elders leak like sivs class)

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Yeah, I never joined but I did study for awhile. I always enjoyed those un-guarded moments with the people I was studying with. They would always tell me things about themselves and then beg me not to say anything to anyone in the KH. I keep to myself, so I am definitely trustworthy.

I just found it so odd, that these people found me, a member of Satan's system, more trustworthy than their fellow kool-aid drinkers. Equally odd, was that the irony of their confidences never seemed to cause any introspection for them.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

even if info isnt spread immediately its there. when my ex cheated i found out about an elder who had stepped down years earlier due to " health problems" . his problem was he had got caught having an affair with an employee.

found out as an adult about my brothers bunch of friends who would go canoeing in another state to drink without worrying about getting caught.. found out they smoked pot on those weekends and had been privately reprooved .. (my own parents hadnt told the rest of the kids).

both bits of info came from an elders wife's best friend. and the elders wife was named at the source of the info. OOPS!

• Mary
    Mary
    Elders meet Scriptural requirements before being 'appointed by holy spirit.' Knowing this will strengthen your confidence in them.

Me thinks that the only "spirit" appointing these guys is in the form of a 40 oz. of rye.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

When you have no life, gossip is important to fill the void. Welcome to JW life.

Leslie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

LeslieV,

You hit the nail right in the head. Well and accurately said!

DY

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thanks DY I just said what I have seen all my life. One of the many reasons why I left.

Leslie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes! Very well put Leslie. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit