Spirit appointed elders reveal information. Elders are disfellowshipped

by garybuss 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks Gary, this is a subject near and dear to my heart. Having been a member of the servant body 16 of my 24 years in the borg whenever I was transfered to a new Hall one of the first things I did was figure out who had loose lips. I would get close to them so I could get, "plugged in" right away but I would never tell them anything they could stab me in the back with. I did get fooled a few times and this did lead to me seeing how full-of-unholy crap the whole lot of them were!

My current GF is a pretent JW and she routinely tests the Nit-Witnesses by telling people BS to see where it will go. She told me she did that to me and I passed. Funny thing is it drives her crazy now cause I won't reveal surprises no matter how much she tries to goat me.

I wonder if that was part of why I never really felt like I fit in, I kept my mouth shut and, if I was the senior servant present, would give the friends a warning if we were in a group and the gossip started. If I was not the highest ranking male there I would watch and see how my superior handled himself. Never in 24 years did I observe a fellow Elder or Servant resist jumping in to the gossip fray.

• JT
    JT

JW talking about each other---------

When i came to the Net 8yrs ago a poster made the comment, due to the boring lives of jw, meetings. study, field service-meetings. study, field service-meetings. study, field service-meetings. study, field service

they are literally left with only 2 things to talk about

1. a watchtower article

2 OR EACH OTHER

and i thought about it and sure enough that is true one can't talk about his NEW SPORTS CAR, new fur coat, new IPO company they are trying to invest in before it gets off the ground, etc- all conversations typically are expected to be related to some article

so instead of talking about some boring butterfly article they talk about each other

she went to work but didn't go to the meeting

her husband is working overtime now to pay for that new car, missing meeting

her daughter is wearing make up now,she is too young being only 18

etc

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I'd advise every Witness to think twice before confessing ANYTHING to a Witness elder. Your information is not safe according to the Society.

According to the Society the elders are untrained volunteers. Part of the lack of training must be confidentiality with sensitive information.

I learned that the hard way. I confided in the elders personal information thinking they were genuinely interested in me as a person only to find out they later used my words against me to DF me.

Will

• garybuss
    garybuss

Great posts gang! I see unity is praticed by the Witness people on one level:-)

• Preston
    Preston

"Are you a loving Christian elder appointed by God's holy spirit with a strong desire to shepard the flock with loving care and keep our concerns in confidence?"

"No...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express"

- Preston

• badboy
    badboy

Was the punk a PO?

Is that what you are saying?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I once started a rumor about myself to see how far it would go. I confided in an elder's wife about smething that wasn't too serious,just to see what would happen. Sure enough before long a sister confided in me that she had heard this "talk" and wanted to know if it was true. I've done that at work too, (start a stupid rumor to see how far it would go) just to find out who u can trust.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I had a boss that did that all the time but it got to a point where you knew he was planting information because he would lead off by saying, "Just between you and me".....

I know their is a lot of game playing, gossipy people in the organization. My problem is I am too trusting and would get burnt by these type of people.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit