Spirit appointed elders reveal information. Elders are disfellowshipped

by garybuss 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Voyager
    Voyager

garybuss:

This is a fact. Thanks garybuss for posting it. In 1997 two teens in our congregation were disfellowshiped for smoking. Three days (before) they were disfellowshiped, the (entire) congregation knew the details of what these teens had done. The person who was behind informing everyone, was an (elder's) wife who was on the phone to nearly every sister in the congregation. It spread like wildwire because one of the teens, was the son of a very well respected ministerial servant.

Thanks garybuss!

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes it is quite sad indeed. my x and i were just coming into the org. and my daughter, about 10 yrs old, knew the reason for a disfellowshipping in our cong. (we barely knew what a disfellowshipping was)

her information came from an elders 11 year old daughter, and their family was quickly chastised upon hearing about this (which we innocently forwarded).

a few years later, this elders daughter took up with a local punk (gang wannabe) and he soon was doing time in jail for a murder. not a good situation at all. he was also the p o of the cong.

orbi

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Gary-

Good thread - thanx.

Personally - in 45 years of association, and 32 years baptized, I never heard of a disfellowshipping in which the reason was not known. It usually went like;

"did you hear the Brother Hormone-Raging was disfellowshipped for fornication with Sister Hotts?",ect.

Jeff

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Garybuss,

There are exceptions to everything. We certainly want elders to break confidence to report child molesters or give testimony against the same.

But your piont is still well taken. I recall after certain prominate elders were disfellowshipped that the elders involved on the judicial committee engaged in spreading gossip. I know they did regarding me, when it was my turn to leave the organization. Some of the gossip was factual, but most was not.

What is even worse is when an ex-JW is sitting in the witness chair giving testimony years after leaving the religion. All of a sudden the Society thinks nothing of any past confidence. They have on record everything a person ever did which violated their policies.

Nothing said to the elders or the Society is ever respected in confidence. Once told it can and will be twisted against against the confessor forevermore. Jim W.

• jgnat
    jgnat

In government we have to abide by privacy laws, so these questions of disclosure have been pondered and discussed at length. Any good privacy legislation these days always has a clause to allow the disclosure of information to keep the public safe. i.e. "Trump Towers are not structurally sound, leave the building immediately." or "Brother So-so has been charged with paedophelia, keep your children near you."

With all those lawyers at Bethel, one would think they would have included such information in their instructions by now.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Hey Gary,

Interesting post! I have to agree with the others that everytime we a df'ing in our hall,everybody knew pretty much the whole story.

I've even had information about myself come back to me.My brother went to the elders once to claim he was suffering a depression that I had caused,and another person went to the elders saying he might not be able to play hockey with us that winter because some people were playing too rough.In both cases the elders did nothing because there was nothing to do but refer them to seek psychiatric help which they will never do.Nevertheless it got back to me and I found it quite interesting how those guys can't keep their big yappers shut.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting comments. I got all the garbage on people from my mother:-) A Witness lives in a glass house.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I'm in the middle of this kid of gossip right now relating to my JW husband's daughter. Many phone calls are taking place, no one seems to be able to keep things quiet. It all seems like a big long line of "and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on.........."

Very distressing. No action has taken place yet because of all the talking flying around. Good grief.

worldly wife

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

My daughter overheard my father, an elder, reveal some confidential information to my mother. She went to the elders and he nearly lost his servant's position. That might have stopped him for awhile, but over the years, especially since my mother's death, he has leaked out plenty of information to me--just in the course of conversation.

• heatherg
    heatherg

The gossip among the JW's is terrible. Three years after I had been df'd, my dad an elder called to tell me that another elder in a former cong of mine let him know that I was a reason for someone else's df'ing. This other person that was df'd I hadn't spoken to or seen in about 5 yrs, back when I was still a goodie two shoe JW. So not sure how I could've been the reason, but hey anyone I can help out, right? But what right did that elder have calling my dad who isn't even in the same cong, to tell him this? Obviously nothing is confidential. I also found out that when I was df'd, they announced it in every cong I'd ever attended. Good grief, like they wouldn't figure it out anyway. hg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit