I'm not being shunned any longer, and I planted the seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AloneinOh 38 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I am overjoyed that you have got your family back; that is sometimes the hardest part of being true to yourself is that sometimes family do not approve and as such we lose touch. I am glad your family have seen the light and have decided to love you more instead of less; build on this, learn from this, and enjoy...

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

Good for you, Alone!

• Mary
    Mary
    I told him that it is even on the official UN website because of all the inquiries about it. I could hear the concern in his voice as he kept saying "it can't be"

AloneinOh, I'm very happy that your parents aren't going to shun you, but just a word of caution about the UN scandal: be careful. Your father will probably ask his local elders about it and he'll get their waterdowned version of events. It is extremely difficult to get people to see that something they put their whole lives into, is wrong. There's something in the human psychology when something that is just too horrifying to believe is presented to you, a wall goes up and you can't penetrate it. This goes for Witnesses who are confronted with some very unpleasant facts about this religion. You're taught from birth that this is God's Organization and you plan your whole life around it. Then, when something comes along that challenges that, that wall goes up in the brain, because the alternative is too horrifying for many to even comprehend. So while I really, truly hope and pray that your father does in fact see the truth about "the Truth", don't be surprised if he repeats what the WTS's official position is on it.

All the best to you and your family.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

congratulations.

• bebu
    bebu

What great news!

If they ever do start to make excuses, avoid a big argument... but hold your ground that from your view it is the height of hypocrasy and you are stumbled!!! Who could argue with your having a higher moral standard??

Soooo.... looks like your family is back to stay!!!

bebu

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Way cool !!!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

That is wonderful news!!! I am really happy for you and your family. I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

Leslie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am so very happy for you! I can't even express my happiness.

You should change your name now! You are not alone .....besides you never were!

Brooke

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

GOOD FOR YOU!

Enjoy your family even if they stay cult controlled - which they likely will.

But I'm happy for you man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit