I'm not being shunned any longer, and I planted the seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AloneinOh 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

I did it! I called my parents last night. I had only seen my parents 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years (da 20 yrs ago). The last I spoke to them was about 4 or 5 years ago. Since that time, I found out about all of the scandals and have come to realize that the "truth" was not the truth.

I had been working on a letter to my parents to tell them why I would never return to the jws. I was also going to tell them all of the dirt that I knew about the society. For some reason though, I couldn't seem to find the proper words to put it all together. I wanted it to be more of a letter of concern rather than one that slammed the society. Even after writing 75+ pages, I still couldn't convey the feelings that I really wanted to express.

So,.....I called them on the phone yesterday. gulp!

I was shocked! They were happy to hear from me....mom cried. It was a very moving moment. After catching up on the family, my dad could tell that something else was bothering me. I began to tell them the story about how I came to this point in my life. I related how a certain un-named event had led me to deep depression and an emotional breakdown. I became very emotional relating this story to them, but still never told them anything about the society. They asked me several times what had happened, but I said I didn't think I could tell them for fear of what they would think of me. They assured me that nothing of the sort would happen, and I made them promise to let me finish before they condemned me

I told them how upset I was about the UN deal. Dad says, "huh?" I said, "You know, the UN ngo mess." Again, dad says, "huh, What are you talking about?" I told him that they were lying about the library card and that it really bothered me, especially in light of what happened in Malawi. He said..."Now, xxxxx, you know that that card was political and we can't involve ourselves in those types of things." "I know dad, that's why the UN membership bothers me so much....doesn't it bother you?" I asked how he could justify it, especially in light of what happened in Malawi. He finally said that he had no clue what I was talking about. I was a little puzzled myself as I assumed he knew but accepted the library card excuse.

"Dad, do you know that the society joined the UN as an ngo?" "What are you talking about?" he said again. I then told him what I knew. He kept saying that it couldn't be true. "This would go against everything. That is a political organization and we would never associate with them", he kept saying. I know dad...but it's true. He asked where I got my info and told me I need to be careful about people spreading un-truths. I explained that I checked and checked and then checked again and found it to be all true. I told him that it is even on the official UN website because of all the inquiries about it. I could hear the concern in his voice as he kept saying "it can't be"

He is very concerned and wants to find out if it's true. He said he is going to find out the facts and get back with me as he could tell that I was sincere and was very troubled by it. (he is a 3rd gen witness) To him, even a library card is no excuse to join the UN.

They also told me that I am not being shunned any longer and I can come visit them any time I want with no fear of being witnessed to or belittled for not being a witness. THEY LOVE ME!!!!!!

I am soooooo happy right now that I am having a hard time typing through the tears of joy! This is the best news I have had in a long long time.

Not only did I get my parents back, but I planted the seed that will eventually lead to them seeing the truth.

I'm getting my family back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe it all to you guys!!!! You helped me cope when I was at my worst. It was your words of encourgement and the cautions you expressed on dealing with family members. I couldn't have gotten this far without you!!!

I love you all!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm so happy for you man! Way to go!

• Mystery
    Mystery

I am REALLY happy for you Alone.

Alone no longer!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm so very happy for you! Good for you!

They were happy to hear from me....mom cried. It was a very moving moment.... They assured me that nothing of the sort would happen.

It's so sad to me that there has been so much distance between you when it seems so clear that they love you and you love them. This is such wonderful news! You've got good people there!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow, what a witness about the truth to your parents!

And true unconditional love... nothing better.

I am so happy for you!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's amazing!!! It brings tears to my eyes just to feel the hope and joy and love expressed in your words.

Best of luck as your seed grows and unfolds. Keep us posted. I am wishing you and your family the very best

--Merry

• Jez
    Jez

Wow. Amazing! Just curious, why did they change their mind about shunning you?

Jez

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Great post!

Hope you enjoy the time with your family and that you can truly open their eyes to the WTS.

The UN scandal is a good one to work with because you can tell people to go to the UN's website and put "wtbts" in their search engine to get the info.And there you go,it's not an apostate website,so they can't hold that over your head.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Congratulations on getting your family back, I'm really happy for you. I hope it all works out well with your mum & dad.

• one
    one

I read your story with envy

old timers as your father dont take it lightly, they know what that "association" means, it is a beast a "disgusting" thing, the worst you can think of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit