I'm not being shunned any longer, and I planted the seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AloneinOh 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I used to be able to open the letter. Now I can't. Can someone with computer smarts help me out?

If you can get to the page but you can't open the letter it may be a problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

This is the program that handles and opens all files that are .pdf

If you continue to have problems I would download the latest (free) version of Acrobat Reader.

Uninstall the old version,do a reboot and install the new version. Should work..

• keeshah
    keeshah

Thank you, Proztate! I'll try that.

• inquirer
    inquirer

outoftheorg --

Hey AloneinOH that is really good news. Tread carefully now and let them digest this UN thing before YOU bring up any new scandals.

It really pleases me to know this site and we who post here, are a source of help in rebuilding families.

Outoftheorg

Hey _Alone_, tell us ASAP (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) if your parents disassociate themselves from the organization!

Or just tell us anything from them: whether they leave or not!

I felt so happy for you with that wonderful story! There is so much bad news on here -- don't get me wrong, I like to hear people's stories (good or bad) but hearing a heart-felt story like this really puts a smile on my face! :) So happy for you! :)

Best wishes,

inquirer!

PS: Good parents. Don't dis them now, don't sell the goose that lays the golden egg! :D ;) (lol.)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm glad they are being so kind and "normal" to you. Hey, when you get together you might want to bring up my dad and show them the letter I wrote, if you can think of a good reason how you came across it (if you type in "Bill Bibbee" or "William C. Bibbee" in your search engine it should bring up the link to the letter). Since they liked him so much that might make an impression on them, especially after the seed you planted about the UN. I have found that people will recognize the truth about the organization more readily if something happens directly to them or someone they care about.

Hope you come visit Texas one day!

Hugs,

Nina

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Alone........................

Let those tears flow my friend................this is great to hear! Things like this don't happen too often and when it does happen..........your friends rejoice with you.

i'm somewhat of a sentimental big guy and reading this makes me smile .......with a tear in my eye.

Thank You,

HappyDad

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yow, wow! That's great! Congrats on so many levels!

If they want to hear it from the horse's mouth (or whatever orifice they spew it from) they can call the Watchtower, 718-560-5000. Gina called and they fully admitted to it, giving the standard "everyone's an 'ngo'" and "library card" routine. But they do admit to it.

Happy, happy, happy!

Dave

• Honesty
    Honesty

Fantastic !!!!

I hope you get to wish them Happy Birthday soon, too.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

congratulations, alone. I hope it all works out the way you want it to.

Jeannie

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Very Refreshing News AloneInOh - I am very happy for you

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh
    Hey, when you get together you might want to bring up my dad and show them the letter I wrote, if you can think of a good reason how you came across it

Thanks Nina. I have it saved but am not sure how to explain where I got it. I'm sure I'll figure out something. You never know, I might be giving you two a call for lunch or dinner. I'm sure my wife and I will be coming that way in the not too distant future.

Thanks again everyone! It's really a good feeling to know that you care. My thoughts are with those of you that are also struggling with the same or similar issues. It's been a long rough wait, and there are still tough times ahead. But this is a HUGE, HUGE step in the right direction. I couldn't have asked for a better answer to my prayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit