I'm not being shunned any longer, and I planted the seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AloneinOh 38 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

((((AloneinOH)))) I am so happy for you. I know just how difficult it can be to make the first steps toward a) standing up for yourself as an adult and b) making amends - mending the relationship. I'm proud of you!

I recently dropped in on my elderly parents and something similar happened. We have not discussed JWism, but I am prepared if or when they bring it up. They even want me to bring over my Kevan, knowing we're not married and have lived together 7 years.

Hugs

Brenda

• Valis
    Valis

Rock & Roll Baby!

This is great news for you and also gives one hope in the underlying humanity in even the most thick headed religious zealots...

w00t!!!

• gumby
    gumby

AloneinOh,

Awesome! I look forward to a time such as yours my friend.

Gumby

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hey AloneinOH that is really good news. Tread carefully now and let them digest this UN thing before YOU bring up any new scandals.

It really pleases me to know this site and we who post here, are a source of help in rebuilding families.

Outoftheorg

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wonderful news

• keeshah
    keeshah
    The UN scandal is a good one to work with because you can tell people to go to the UN's website and put "wtbts" in their search engine to get the info.

I used to be able to open the letter. Now I can't. Can someone with computer smarts help me out?

BTW, CONGRATS AloneinOh!!! Great news! You give me hope.

• Soledad
    Soledad

all I can say is wow. How fortunate for you!

• lilybird
    lilybird

I'm so happy to hear that you and your family are back as a family again, and maybe when they look further into the UN matter, it will open their eyes a bit into what the org is really all about :)

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh
    Just curious, why did they change their mind about shunning you?

I'm not sure. I told them that I was doing my best to respect their wishes in regards to not associating with me, but that I still needed to check-in every few years just to make sure that everyone was ok. They then said that we could get together at any time and I could even come visit them whenever I want to.

I didn't want to "look a gift horse in the mouth" so I just said that this was "fantastic news and it will be a great reunion!" They are going to make plans to come here this spring.

Hey AloneinOH that is really good news. Tread carefully now and let them digest this UN thing before YOU bring up any new scandals

Most definately. This is going to be a very delicate procedure and I need to be very careful in how I present further information. I in no way whatsoever want to turn their faith away from God. I am in fact encouraging them to read the Bible even more and make sure that they have the truth. It is only the society that I am against...not God or Christ.

I also think that if I had handled it any other way, the results would have been much different. Throwing info in their faces when I first learned of it would have had just the opposite effect. Every situation needs to be analyzed in order to find the best approach and I think I found mine. I knew I would have only one shot,...it HAD to be handled correctly. If not...I would blow it.

I used to be able to open the letter. Now I can't. Can someone with computer smarts help me out?
    I was just there...worked fine. I used the search for watchtower bible. It was the first on the list.
    I think Valis is right....they want their family back too! I'll find out...in due time.
    Now we have to get everyone elses families back. No other feeling can compare! Never give up hope.....they love you.....theyr'e just scared and don't know how to handle the division.
  • PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The letter is here ---> http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

If you type "watchtower" into the UN search engine it finds it OK...

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit