Where is their Love?

by Sadie5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

They only seem to love the "beautiful" people...the ones that pioneer or have money or are part of the clique.

This is a common thing among jw's.Their love is "conditional",therefore they always have an excuse,like"well maybe if so-and-so went out in service more jehovah would bless her".

The people that need love the most are in no shape to go out preachin'. This mentality enables the JWs to be ice cold toward whomever they choose. A little active compassion goes a long way with people going through bad times. I would imagine that poor lady in Walmart would have looked a lot better had she been taken care of by her "shepherds". It was really sweet to hear about that boy giving up his week's allowance. What a great lesson to learn early in life.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Well, you definitely won't see any love today. Someone might get stumbled, since its Valentine's day and all.

to all you lovers out there!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Why do JW's insist they have Love when it is so apparent that they don't?

Jehovah's Witnesses have been indoctrinated into believing that the "preaching work?" is the most important and most loving thing they can do. After all, the Kingdom? is the ultimate solution to all mankind's problems, right? Why help suffering people, even their own members, when the relief they can provide is only temporary? And why help worldly? people since they'll all die at Armageddon anyway? That would be a waste!

For them, all pain and suffering in the world is acceptable as long as they continue to preach. After all, pain and suffering is what keeps the Watchtower in business. Without suffering, who the hell would need a Kingdom??

Walter

• garybuss
    garybuss

Walter, What about this quote. Is it right?

*** w85 4/1 30 ***
    Jehovah's Witnesses have never believed that the Kingdom of God will be on earth.

• freedom96
    freedom96

A big problem with witnesses is that so many of them never were very active in another church before coming to the Kingdom Hall. Especially all those who grew up a witness and don't know any different.

I have spent some time in some non-denominational churches recently, and I am blown away at all the stuff they do for others. The fact is, they are much more giving and loving, from their hearts, than any congregation of witnesses I have ever seen.

• rebel8
    rebel8

OP

You make some very valid points. I do know for a fact that some dubs do help out fellow members financially when needed. However, the only examples I have personal knowledge with are only help provided to the needy ones who are in good standing, popular, and have a sympathetic situation. I saw others who didn't quite meet those criteria be coldly ignored many times.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I truly believe Jesus would be appalled if he were alive today, and saw the"brotherly love" that is NOT shown with these so to speak Christians. As we know here, Jesus was all about love and forgiveness and helping one`s fellow man. I went through 2 pregnancies without my JW mom calling to see how I was or when the babie were born. Her loss, but I`ve had the job of explaining to my kids why they don`t see one of their granmothers.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

That's awful Beachbender - before joining this site, I really believed that family members could associate with their disfellowshipped relatives (I'm assuming you are). Do your children ever see their grandmother? Have they ever? Whatever your mother may believe regarding you, how can she justify rejecting 2 innocents?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Walter, What about this quote. Is it right?

*** w85 4/1 30 ***
    Jehovah's Witnesses have never believed that the Kingdom of God will be on earth.

I don't have any way of checking quotes right now, but I think that was the WTS position while I was a JW. As I recall, they believed the kingdom would be in heaven, while the earth would benefit from it.

Of course, the only things they emphasize are the things that further their corporate agenda.

Walter

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

It doesn`t help the matter that she lives a few hundred miles from us, her in Va. and us here in Fla., she is a stepmom ( but the only mom I knew) and she comes here once in awhile to visit her fleshnblood daughter (my half sister). She has met them, but since their father and I are not JW`s and we don`t allow her to preach to us, she doesn`t have alot of time to give when she`s here unless she counts it for her service time. Since my father passed away so much as happened between us, it`s really sad that we just don`t call or write. Her choice as well. Yes I was Df`d. over 25 years ago. But now she barely even writes her own daughter, she feels the end is near and she just can`t put her worries or time into us that don`t want to be preached to by her. She`s pretty much just written us off that we are gonna die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit