Where is their Love?

by Sadie5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

A couple of days ago I ran into a JW at my job at Walmart. She is a single lady around 50 years old and she looked terrible. I asked how she was,(she always talks to me) and she related how she had lost her job and had to work two low paying jobs. She also lost her health insurance and she is battling a medical condition which she wasn't able to take care of with no insurance so she had lost a lot of weight and looked terrible. She was finally able to find a doctor who would help her and she was able to get free meds from a clinic for her condition and now she is starting to feel better. it looked like she had a ways to go. Where were the elders and congregation while this woman was wasting away? Surely couldn't some money that the congregation had, be used to get the woman the meds and medical attention this woman needed? Where is the Love?

I contrast this with a fellow Walmart worker. She was purchasing an electric blanket and said it was for a older lady at their church. the older lady had an on going cold, she lived where the heat was controled and it was very cold in her apartment. The congregation at that church decided to purchase an electric blanket for the older lady. One of the children donated his entire week's allowance to help purchase the blanket. The Walmart worker frequently shops for their church's food pantry, and she buys material to make quilts for the homeless shelter. You can see their Love.

Why do JW's insist they have Love when it is so apparent that they don't?

Sadie

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its sad that this story is just one of many.

i agree the lack of love shown is a huge problem among jw's.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

This is a common thing among jw's.Their love is "conditional",therefore they always have an excuse,like"well maybe if so-and-so went out in service more jehovah would bless her".

• Mulan
    Mulan

One of my daughters in law, often tells me about things like this at her church too. I agree, who is showing greater love?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

There is a fund that the Elder's control to assist those in dire straits who have been put on "The List". However , it is never used until all of the other assisted reliefs from 'Caesar' have been exhausted. Still, I have never seen it used in my congregation.

Love? It does not exist, even in normal day to day things.

• AshtonCA
    AshtonCA

You are absolutely correct, the elders only wanted one thing when we were still in, they wanted us to go out in service. There was only one elder who visited my mother once when she was very sick and nearly died. She had very severe asthma and was constantly in the hospital and not one witness went to visit her, nor did they come to the house and ask if their was anything they could do for her. The only time an elder came by was to see why we'd not been to the meeting or out in service for a few weeks. No one called or anything. It was very sad.

My brothers and I took care of her and the house (I was 10 going on 11). My older brother was only a year and a half older than I was. We cooked and cleaned and took care of the 2 little siblings. Many times we would wake up in the middle of the night to only find out that my dad had to rush my mom to the hospital.

One time, the dr. told my dad that my mom would not live through the weekend, to go and call any family members that may be out of town and to make funeral arrangements. My dad gathered us together and told us all and we cried and prayed like crazy. My grandmother flew out and started making arrangements, and my mom pulled through. It was very scary.

Ash

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

The love is in keeping the growth rate just above positive.

The Classicist

• garybuss
    garybuss

"Discretion should be used in determining what, if any,
    assistance might be given on a humanitarian basis to those
    not having a good standing in the congregation."

("Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock" 1991 p. 22)

• TheEdge
    TheEdge
    "Discretion should be used in determining what, if any,
    assistance might be given on a humanitarian basis to those
    not having a good standing in the congregation."

Am I reading this right Gary???? Makes me want to cry !!

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Am I reading this right Gary????

Yes! Sorry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit