Where is their Love?

by Sadie5 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jules99
    jules99

I've been overwhelmed by the love of the people on this website today.

It's a shame my husband wasn't shown any, before he died last month, after not seeing his grandchildren for 8 years.Not once did a JW elder visit him to see if he needed any help or advice. And yet when Dan himself was an elder, he was constantly being "carpeted" for visiting and helping/comforting other disf'd JWs. In fact, if the organisation knew the half of his shepherding work, he would have been disf'd a lot sooner (bless him)!

(see my earlier posting, "Help needed...etc" - I don't know how to do those link-thingies, sorry).

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Jules, reading your posting really upset me......but please don't say that your husband wasn't shown love, because I for one can see that YOU showed him a lot. Dan sounded like a wonderful man, who had a genuine love for people, without prejudice. He gave of HIMSELF to those who needed help and ''shepherding'', regardless of the petty rules of the Organisation. That's a rare quality.

• Honesty
    Honesty

What I fear most is that the 'loyal to the organisation' Jw's are not only losing out in this life by shunning, being too busy 'preaching the WT kingdom', and other 'spiritual interests' instead of following the example of the Jesus of the Bible and showing genuine love and affection for their families and fellow man; they are also going to wake up too late and lose the crown of everlasting life that is promised to everyone who exercises faith in Christ by giving their devotion and loyalty to an organisation instead of to the One who it rightly belongs. Maybe they don't realise that Jesus meant it when he said that He alone is The Way, The Truth and The Life and No One comes to the Father except through Him. All we can do is keep praying for each and every one of them to see that their allegiance to the WTBTS and it's teachings are harming them spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically and that only by a personal relationship with Jesus are they ever going to find true peace and security.

• jules99
    jules99

Thanks "TheEdge", I am a bit "on the edge" myself just now - but this site is helping me to see that Dan was even more of a special person than even I always knew he was. It wasn't until he died that I had to face any JW's "full-on", as we had been held at arms-length for 8 years.

How he coped with being shunned by his so-called "close" family and friends is just a testimony to his love for all human beings, and his capacity for forgiveness. I don't understand why his own kids put the organisation before their own Dad. So I am finding it hard to forgive them at the moment, I just don't want to see any of them ever again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit