3 babies contract Herpes becaue of a religious ritual

by pratt1 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Doubtfully..are you for real? Bris never involves performing fellatio on an infant. Rabbis do not put blood in their mouth. This is no major scandal or cover up by Jews. If it is even a real story, which I have not been able to find anything, it is some crazy fringe group...

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I wonder if this is really a Jewish ritual.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I heard it in the news once, a couple of days ago.

Just by the nature of this SICK ACT, it should've been played on every news channel, every day since its revealing, every edition of the daily news, in the front pages of all major newspapers, until they got to the bottom of what crazy jewish sect is allowing this, why, and who's ultimately responsible.

BUT, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I tell you all, some people pulled the plug and are paying big bucks or issuing big threats in exchange of silence.

And, guess what???!!! It's working.

DY

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I *did* go and try to look it up and came up with zip! There are plenty of educational-type sites that explain what is done, what prayers are said, who handles the baby, etc and nothing about any rabbi doing that.

I live in upstate NY and have heard nothing about it. I haven't thrown out the past few days' newspapers yet, but I'm sure my hubby would have mentioned this if he had seen it. He covers the paper a lot more thoroughly than I do-I stick to the "women's" pages for the most part (grin).

If anyone can track this down, please post it on here...I'd like to check it out.

Annie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

There's a news report on it here:

http://www.recordonline.com/archive/2005/02/11/mohel11.htm

Apparently the ritual is performed by Hasidic Jews.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks, Funkyderek!

We're quite a ways off from Orange County, and maybe it didn't make the news here. There is only one Temple abot 12 miles from here, but many more towards and in Rochester.

There isn't a heavy Jewish population out here in the sticks, lots of farmers and factory workers though.

Annie

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Wow! Even after reading all the posts about that I didnt believe it until I read the article! I couldnt imagine parents being ok with that.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I couldnt imagine parents being ok with that.

Well, don't forget they're getting their son's genitals mutilated for religious reasons. If you accept that it's OK to do this, then sucking the blood out to prevent infection is actually a good thing. Most mohels use medical equipment to do this now, but some ultra-Orthodox types prefer the old-fashioned methods.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

All of this done... in the name of religion. How very wonderful and admirable. God must be so pleased!

SICK... ABSOLUTELY SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Thanks for posting this Funky..and doubtfully you're right...this needs to be exposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit