3 babies contract Herpes becaue of a religious ritual

by pratt1 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwbot
    jwbot

This is sick...and circumcision is another thing I do not agree with. Mutilating a baby for the sake of religion or tradition (its not for health reasons anymore) is disgusting.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

DY - I appreciate your vigorous defense of the innocent children, and your natural and valid abhorrence for anything even remotely approaching pedophilia.

But you simply cannot allow your emotions to shove you into anti-Semitic rants. There are Jewish posters, Jewish lurkers, and plenty of Jewish people in the world who have NOTHING to do with this one sect of one branch of one monotheistic religion. The seeming lack of "coverage" has less to do with Jewish influence and power and more to do with the sloppy state of journalism in this country. You simply cannot go around accusing a massive Jewish conspiracy with seeking to hide systemic pedophilia; at least not without evidence.

Your comments can be excused on grounds of emotional involvement, but I must call for an apology.

CZAR

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

No apologies here. It is what it is.

DY

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So sad for the little babies and their parents. They must be devastated...

J

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Fischer, a renowned mohel who performs circumcisions around the world, is not believed to have done any in Kiryas Joel, where families would more likely use one of about 15 local mohelim or one from Brooklyn.
    Kurzmann said Fischer performs the metzizah be peh ? or oral suction method ? only at parents' request, since it's a matter of preference.
    Among the conservative Satmar Hasidim of Kiryas Joel, the technique ? said to have begun with Abraham ? is mandatory.

holy crap.

How could any parent do that to their child by choice???!!! It reminds me of the female genital mutilation that is still going on in parts of the world.

I too am...speechless. How could anyone let someone put their mouth on...I think I'm going to be sick, seriously. This is why I hate religion in general, if you go back far enough, it's all got some pretty seriously sick s*** going on.

I honestly thought I had heard it all when it came to sex abuse in religion...

~essie

• pratt1
    pratt1

Funky, thanks for finding the linkand posting. I'm not very compter literate o I didn't know how to do this.

As strange as this story may sound and hard for us to believe, think of the many people who can't believe that we as DUBs would have died or allowed our children to die for a religious belief.

This is part of the reasson why I have trouble believing in any organized religion. When does religious beliefs over ride common sense?

Since I grow up in Bklyn and lived near a Hasidic Jewish community, some how this story as disturbing as it is does not surprise me.

• beebee
    beebee

I am Jewish and my son had a Bris, which is the ceremonial circumcision, as did my nephew, whose Bris I attended. They had two different mohels (the guy that does the circumcision). Neither sucked the baby's penis. If that had happened, one of us would have decked him. Adult mouth on a baby's penis....that IS sick.

I have not in any of my studies ever come across such a thing. It is possible that one of the weirder, extremist, fundamental sects have such a custom. (Yes, even the Jews have their extremists) However, we must keep in mind that different cultures have different customs and if indeed this is a custom, it would not have any sexual context to it. Remember, that in many cultures, children share a room and even a bed with parents well into adolescence without any sexual conotation, however such a custom is is considered weird at best, and possibly dangerous here.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

A very balanced response beebee. Thanks.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

why are some of you calling this "sex abuse"? Have you been railing against circumcision as "sex abuse" since you first heard of circumcision?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Some people (DY) are using the emotions involved to justify both anti-Semitic and anti-religious feelings. Which are different topics altogether. You are just wrong, DY. CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit