Just had two elders stop by

by Puternut 19 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Very interesting Puternut and good job

Please keep us posted with any further info from those 2 elders...

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Puternut,

They both learned a lot. But I felt we can all plant little seeds where we can. I know we are hurt by what happend to us, but we can still be kind to them, after all we need to be here for them when their eyes are opened.

This attitude is what puts us above even the most righteous among them. That was an act of love Pnut.

jst2laws

• gumby
    gumby

Good analogy Gary

As always, one of two things will happen. These two will be convinced by the C.O. the society is handling child abuse the best they can without violating scripture and these two will swallow it....or.....they may be like the few who see's through the Organisation and will investigate things further as we did.

Nice job bro.......

Gumby

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Puternut,

My sincere respects to you. What a good information you delivered to them! Hopefully they'll follow through and be of help to the innocents.

Very well done!

DY

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    does the society somehow think that pedofiles aren't guilty of fornication or uncleaness,

warning.. reply may contain triggers.. (sorry i didnt know how else to word this to respond clearly)

mama, an instance in my old hall was the unbelieving husband of a life long sister, used his fingers to penetrate his grandaughters, this was not considered adultrey or fornication and she was not allowed to divorce him (she left his ass though) . he was then studied with, baptized and allowed to live in the apt in the kingdom hall basement over the course of the next few years. this poor sister had to attend the hall which she had been raised to consider the place of refuge from the world with this man in it as a favored witness. now, to my knowlege he never harmed another child, he had previously been an alcoholic and quit drinking and his family never let him near their kids again. but still to answer your question, i think that some pedophilic activity doesnt always involve intercourse, so no, the elders do not consider it fornication.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Nice job! It took alot of self control and courage to handle the situation as well as you did. I hope someday I can have the ability to gain control over the anger I have towards the society, and use it in a positive manner like you.

Dustin

• rebel8
    rebel8

OP

Good for you! I think what you did is awesome. Your story is very powerful, too.

Just wanted to say to everyone out there, don't totally discount your ability to have an impact on JWs. I know when I was one, people at the door used to say totally logical stuff to me, which got me thinking. Granted, I responded with the canned JW rhetoric, but inside, I realized they were right. I can't say that one in particular made me leave the JWs, but all of them together did have a powerful effect on me, and I am terribly grateful to them for putting energy in trying to save me from the dubs.

• melmac
    melmac

Puter, that`t the way to go! It seems that you have learned from Raymond Franz: truth shines through his words, because he does not slander the "Society", but just presents facts, and they speak for themselves.

No one with an honest heart can dismiss his account. Neither will those elders, if they are honest.

Whatever the outcome, you did your part very well. We are proud of you, for showing that apostates can be very different from what the dubs are led do believe.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Great job Puternut!

You've most likely planted some good seeds in these elders.

I always liked this "wait on jehovah"attitude.If that was the case then I could've stayed in the catholic church and just said "I'll wait on God to take care of it".Sometimes people who know of a wrong speak up,maybe God is directing them to take care of it?Look at king David's example,jehovah didn't come down from heaven,he sent a humble man to expose the sin.

...out of the mouth of babes...

And Lev.5:1 says if we know of a wrongdoing but don't report it to the proper authorities,we are just as guilty as the one(s) committing the offence.Must be a lot of guilty people in the WTS,

• simplesally
    simplesally

Great Job!!!!!

~~~~~~ but be careful what you post, remember there are those that monitor the board and would let it out that some who appear serious before the elders are merely wolves in sheeps clothing. They might warn of tactics like these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit