VH1 - Behind the Witness. . .

by ithinkisee 34 Replies latest members private

• M.J.
    M.J.

David, David. It's good you're asking these questions on the misquotes. There is plenty of info out there on the Creation book. I'm sure someone here can link you to some of that info. I do believe in a Creator, but I do not find that defending this or any position justifies any misrepresentation of scholars and scientists whatsoever. The same goes for the Trinity. I very much respect the position of many non-Trinitarians, but I cannot respect those who use misquotations and deceptive tactics to support their position. I have looked up many of the quotations in the Trinity brochure and found that it really does misrepresent the sources are quoting from, it presents very selective historical information, and uses such misleading information to make appeals to sentiment. What I found to be particularly blantant is how it misrepresents the positions of all the ante-Nicene fathers. As a whole, I've found it to be blatantly slanted and outright dishonest in many instances. Please, if you'd like to discuss fine points on such misrepresentation by the WTS, start a new thread and I'm sure you'll receive plenty of details. This goes for the NWT as well. While there are some definitely good aspects to this translation, it can be demonstrated time and again that much of it is translated in such a way that maintaining agreement with a pre-conceived theology is held above translation accuracy. Of course, one must be objective enough to face such reality. I challenge anyone to separate themselves from the strong sense of loyalty to a particular side, review this information objectively, and see what they come up with.

• rebel8
    rebel8

ithinkisee, I totally sympathize with your situation.

There is a great story written by a formal elder who faded slowly and was able to slowly convince his family that it isn't "The Truth". Does anyone know where that site is? It reminds me of ithinkisee.

I've heard of people losing their custody rights and property rights because they were the one who left the other spouse (abandonment). I have no idea what the laws are--best to consult a family law attorney before you do anything. I wish you all the best with that. It must be incredibly difficult.

I had a hard time believing that these same guys that used to spout evolution were now saying the earth was created. I looked up some of these magazines and books that some of their findings were published in and realized that the Society greatly took their statements out of context. I'm embarrassed to say that as a Ministerial Servant I even bragged that the new Trinity brochure had a quote from the Catholics own encyclopedia claiming that the Trinity didn't make sense! If only I had looked at the Catholic Enclyclopedia myself I would have realized they took their quote WAY out of context.
    That struck me, because those were the 2 very things that made me realize their doctrines were untrue. I did the same thing you did and came to the same conclusion! Pointed them out to my mom & friends, who all got the deer in the headlights look and just shrugged, "It's not for us to question," especially since we were women!
  • franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum,

good luck to you.....Frank

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Ithinkisee,

Welcome to this neighborhood!

Yours was a long, but interesting read. You've got a tough task ahead of you. Keep coming here for encouragement, support, and unconditional acceptance.

DY

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome to the board ithinkisee,

You in a tough spot. Roy Milton who's had a simular experience, you might want to read his book see link below. His turned out very badly he lost his wife, children and any contact with grandchildren. If your wife is willing to listen that is fine, if she isn't tread carefully or she may up and leave and take your daughter with her. Your in a difficult spot. Go slow if you want to save your family.

http://www.exjwslosangeles.org/roymilton.html

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit