2004 Numbers are on WT web site it looks like.

by garybuss 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Does anyone know or can anyone tell me what "other lands" encompasses?

Hogwards School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.......the Witnesses are trying to start studies showing them how bad it is to cast each other with a spell by reading Leviticus outloud to them.

On average, these figures are pretty dismal. In the USA, 6,205 hours were spent on average to get 1 person baptized, In Canada, 8,529 hours, Italy, 9448 hours for one whole baptism. Bangladesh took 7,695 for one person to get dunked. Over all, it took about 4,886 hours for one person to get baptized......and I'd say at least 3/4 of baptisms are kids that were raised in "the truth", not converts.

Pretty sad indeed.......no wonder they never included percentages of increases and decreases.......

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

They must just be doing the witness work, because all the sheep have been collected, they are just warning the wicked... and any day now....

I am sure they look at the figures and say, WOW in 60,000 hours that I spent last year I must have warned 60,000 people about Armeggedon, just like Noah did and no one jumped on the ark with him.

There is always SPIN!

• JH
    JH
    I notice they haven't included the percent of increase or decrease.

Are they ashamed?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Are they ashamed?

They should be ashamed. They claim to spend over a billion hours preaching each year. A billion hours is over 114,155 years!

To squander that much time for so little result is shameful!

I wonder if they still claim that "Jehover is speeding up the work"?

Walter

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I?ve taken the real numbers from the 2004 0% countries and got some telling figures. During 2003 those countries made up 14% of the net growth. In 2004 they only made up 4% of the net growth. When I get some time I will add ?02, ?01, ?00 to the mix to see how bad this trend actually is.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

On average, these figures are pretty dismal. In the USA, 6,205 hours were spent on average to get 1 person baptized, In Canada, 8,529 hours, Italy, 9448 hours for one whole baptism. Bangladesh took 7,695 for one person to get dunked. Over all, it took about 4,886 hours for one person to get baptized......and I'd say at least 3/4 of baptisms are kids that were raised in "the truth", not converts.

In the end all I saw was JW kids getting baptized and then most of them didn't last too long after that, so the percentages above are even more fruitless than that if you take this into account. the only ones I saw who came into my last congo were mentally ill--- and soon dropped out after a short period of time. To bad this wasted time isn't spent doing some charitable works that would truly benefit someone.

cybs

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Armageddon won't come for 2,500 years at the very least - I can prove it using their figures!!!

Follow the Maths :

Assume that for the good news to be preached throughout the inhabited earth that each person is given say 5 minutes - any shorter and it wouldn't be a proper witness.

Take Bangladesh. Population 141,340,476. If each person was given 5 minutes that would take 706,702,380 minutes which is 58,891,865 hours. According to the table they are only doing 23,085 hours a year, so at this rate it'll take over 2,551 years to witness to all of them. The Watchtowers new date is 4556 AD.

• sf
    sf

me what "other lands" encompasses?

The Land Of OZ!

sKally

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I'm amazed they give out these figures as they are so damning as to their preaching affects. They must be running out of the back door almost as fast as they come in the front.

That is because it is always do more more more - and no shepherding -so they spend huge amounts of hours trying to convert people but then lose them beacsue elders are not ttrained to shepherd

• willyloman
    willyloman
    so at this rate it'll take over 2,551 years to witness to all of them. The Watchtowers new date is 4556 AD.

Come to the KH this Sunday for the stirring, bible-based talk: "Stay Alive 'til 4555. Or 6. Whatever."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit