2004 Numbers are on WT web site it looks like.

by garybuss 36 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I too noticed the lack of increase/decrease figures. But more interestingly, if you go to the home page how on earth can you find this page? I tried doing a serach and still couldn't find it. Interestingly, I found an article on the computer 'Millenium Bug' dated 1999! That a bit of old news we are all interested in - not!

Eyeslice

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter
    But they still have 8570 Memorial Partakers?. Those old buggers are a tough bunch, eh?

Love it! Take away their Sanatogen right now!!!

FF

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Doe anyone know or can anyone tell me what "other lands" encompasses?

That's the number of anointed who have died and gone to heaven.

• JeffT
    JeffT

"Other Lands" used to refer to places where they are banned.

The number I found interesting was derived by taking the number of hours in FS and dividing it by the number baptized. 4,886 hours to make one convert. That's the equivalent of a full time job (in the US) for 2 1/3 years to make a new JW. If you subtract the number of JW kids getting baptized it would get worse.

• inquirer
    inquirer

---95stormfront---

Last I heard Alaska and Hawaii were part of the United States. Can anyone account for why they are counted seperately?

___

---inquirer---

HA HAH AH AH HA HA HA

• inquirer
    inquirer

---eyeslice---
    I too noticed the lack of increase/decrease figures. But more interestingly, if you go to the home page how on earth can you find this page? I tried doing a serach and still couldn't find it. Interestingly, I found an article on the computer 'Millenium Bug' dated 1999! That a bit of old news we are all interested in - not!

Eyeslice

___

---inquirer---

LOL.

• blondie
    blondie

Hawaii and Alaska each are separate branches. The old service desk acts as the branch for the other 48 states. Hawaii used to have ost the Pacific Islands under their jurisdiction until each one became its own branch. The same with Alaska; I think they had jurisdiction over parts of Northwestern Canada.

Blondie

• Neo
  • RescueMe
    RescueMe

Thank you Nosferatu & JeffT

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

I see the full stats are listed on an older thread with percent increase.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/81777/1.ashx

It amused me looking at the British figures. Last year in Great Britain Jehovah's Witnesses claimed to have door knocked for 18,115,252 hours, and yet they only made an increase in their total numbers of publishers of 36! (That's publishers not baptised) An increase of just one Watchtower publisher took the equivalent of 57½ years of continuous preaching, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year to achieve just one extra publisher (and they don't even need to be baptised to be one). Or more than 2,067 years of preaching 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, for to make just an increase of the full 36 publishers for the year. I'm amazed they give out these figures as they are so damning as to their preaching affects. They must be running out of the back door almost as fast as they come in the front.

Nemesis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit