• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Will this make it four pages?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

Hey Friday hold a mirror to this one. . . .

lets step away from all bible "reasoning"---don't you love a good oxymoron?-----and think things clear

you ever walk outside at nighttime and see, oh i don't know, the moon lets say, as an example, and you ever notice what happens to it when you walk, call me bizarre but as a young one i used to look up at it when i walked outside, i still do sometimes if the skyline isn't blocking it, anyhows if you look at the moon while you walk it seems to follow you, ahead of you---
    that wasn't a typo, it seems to move in the same direction that you are moving try it sometime and you will see what i mean

i like to reason things and i like proof, call me doubting thomas if you will, and i'm sorry it seems as though i may be mocking your beliefs but the question originally posed was dealing with scriptural proof for the "star" you have not offered any, sorry

all you said was that by taking the"evidence" and reasoning on it it leads one to think that satan was responsible for it. . . .bottom line no scriptural quote or documentation to back up the assumption
    it is very typical to point the finger and blame satan for all of jehovah's fuck ups

in my other post i mentioned the possibility of it being a comet,
    (and i am NOT surprised this was not commented on by you or anyone else)these are among the few things in the sky that move at an obvious rate, granted so do stars and the planets but to the untrained observer their movements are miniscule,

a comet's movement can be noticed, a meteor(shooting star) can too but it disintegrates too fast and cannot be tracked with the same ease as that of a comet, a comet even holds its "position" long enough to be tracked and "followed"

question for you what happened to this "star" after he was born???

i just thought of another possibility, this is far fetched but i would have to look at astronomy charts and i really don't know how feasable it would be or if it could actually be witnessed without a telescope, a supernova, perhaps someone who knows a little more on these could elaborate on the possibility of such a phenemena and how long the duration of the blast would be visible, keep in mind though that the explosion would have occured light years prior to its being seen on earth. . . . .perhaps the conception of Jesus millenia ago in heaven prolly not just a "simple" astronomical occurence. . .

so think about this a bit and drop the book for a while and get some air

peace
    dc

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

oh yeah one more thing. . .
    where did the magi follow the star to,
    Jerusalem
    or
    Bethelhem???

peace
    dc

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Yeru

Show me from scripture where the star and the coming of the magi are of satan. It can't be done.

That's what YOU said on July 18, 2001 at 5:22:54 PM.

In response to which I can now say on July 26, 2001:
    You, Yeru, wouldn't be able to recognize such proof "from scripture" if it were to jump up and bite you square in the ass ... which it has indeed done. It's obvious, therefore, that you have a dead ass. And it's even more apparent that you're ass is dead, Yeru! Not a surprising outcome at all really, particularly in view of the fact that you are of the Catholic persuasion. The Pope ought to be real proud of you Yeru. Perhaps he will let you shine his $2,500.00 pair of boots he owns, and uses in conjunction with his other fancy garb.

Friday

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

DCs Ghost

you ever walk outside at nighttime and see … the moon …, and you ever notice what happens to it when you walk, … if you look at the moon while you walk it seems to follow you, ahead of you … it seems to move in the same direction that you are moving try it sometime and you will see what i mean

You missed the whole point, DC. Go back, reread, and you will see. Either do that, or listen very closely: THE MAGI DIDN’T OBSERVE THE “STAR” AS BEING IN MOTION!

[i like to reason things and i like proof, call me doubting thomas if you will, and i'm sorry it seems as though i may be mocking your beliefs but the question originally posed was dealing with scriptural proof for the "star" you have not offered any, sorry….bottom line no scriptural quote or documentation to back up the assumption

You haven’t really even participated in the discussion, blow by blow, and now you enter the picture in order to render YOUR verdict as to whether or not there has been any “scriptural proof” offered. It’s readily seen that you have merely chosen sides, and that’s ALL you’ve done since you have nothing to offer except your baseless support for Yeru. It’s quite obvious that you’re every bit as brain-dead as is your friend and fellow-apostate, Yeru. I’m sure he’s right proud to have you on his side. I’m even more proud that you’re not on mine!

in my other post i mentioned the possibility of it being a comet, (and i am NOT surprised this was not commented on by you or anyone else)these are among the few things in the sky that move at an obvious rate,….

Once again you show that you’re not really very attentive. Review my comments made in reply to Terraly on July 19, at 6:10:20 AM.

fuck ups

I think that other than that probably being your middle name, it describes the true state of your mind.

oh yeah one more thing. . .
    where did the magi follow the star to,
    Jerusalem
    or
    Bethelhem???

I will reiterate: The Magi never (not even once) saw the “star” in motion. They merely concluded that it must have moved, simply because after they themselves got to Bethlehem they found it positioned over the child’s house. They then recognized it as being the same “star” which they originally witnessed, prior to their going to Jerusalem (for which reason they "rejoiced very much indeed"; verse 10). So, it was not a moving “star”. It was a device which Satan used to point-the-way. First Satan used it to point the Magi in the direction of Herod. Then he used it to pinpoint the exact house where Jesus was in Bethlehem. The Magi only ‘followed the star’ (or was 'led' by the star) in the sense that they heeded its directions.

Friday

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Friday,

You wouldn't know scriptural truth it is jump off the page at you. Which it indeed has, not suprising considering you are of the Jehovah's Witness persuasion. Your "ass" isn't dead, just your ability to use logic and comprehend truth.

What, pray tell, does the pope or his shoes have to do with anything? Before you start throwing rocks at the Catholic Church see to your own glass house Bethel Boy!

I said it before, I'll say it again. NA NA DA BOO BOO!
    Your so called "logic" failed, as did your attempt to use scripure to justify your position and you resorted to personal attacks and insults to which I again say NA NA DA BOO BOO! with love and respect for you as a person of course. Those Borg implants are bitch, huh?

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Yeru

Your so called "logic" failed, as did your attempt to use scripure to justify your position

Yes, we all know that’s YOUR opinion. I’m not sure as to how many NOW, after all that’s been said, would side in with you regarding this particular issue. Why not? Because it’s been made all to plain that the “star” was of the Devil, that’s why!

I said it before, I'll say it again. NA NA DA BOO BOO!

Your language here isn’t the only thing that gives away the fact that you were never properly weaned. Do you also still make use of the “mobile” above your crib to keep you pacified?

What, pray tell, does the pope or his shoes have to do with anything? Before you start throwing rocks at the Catholic Church see to your own glass house Bethel Boy!

Oh, well didn’t you know that a spiritual leader was not supposed to be living so extravagantly? And the price he pays (at the expense of the flock) for foot apparel is out of this world. It was reported (perhaps it was in the Time magazine … I can’t remember which one for sure) that what he wore for Pope-boots was astronomically out of order for one who is to be a servant of the people. So you think that it’s okie dokie to make sarcastic remarks in reference to those who serve on the GB, but then when the tables are turned and one of Jehovah’s Witnesses brings out the fact that the Pope is living heaven-high though still here on earth … well THEN that’s just the most awful thing that a person can say. AND, let’s not forget that it was YOU that first made snide remarks about another person’s religion.

Your so called "logic" failed, as did your attempt to use scripure to justify your position and you resorted to personal attacks and insults to which I again say NA NA DA BOO BOO! with love and respect for you as a person of course.

If you keep working at it, Yeru, you may even bring yourself around to believing that my logic and use of Scripture failed. So far, it seems that you are the only one that STILL has the audacity to claim such a thing. But, given the Catholic disposition that you are plagued with, plus the hardness of your head, it’s no surprise. Insofar as attacks and insults, I’ve already explained that to you … to which you have no rebuttal, or you would be coming back with one. And don’t forget, while engaged in war personal attacks are quite the norm … and even more appropriate when they are applied in truth.

Friday

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

Friday

so what you are saying in your response to me earlier, is that men who were astrologers/astronomers by profession "concluded" that the "star" moved (2 very broad assumptions for their like) and at NO moment found it odd in the least that a "new light" --pardon the pun-- was lingering in the sky.

HHMMMM. . . . .
    so the fact that they studied the heavens and the movements of stars for a living, did not make them wonder
    "What IS THAT???!!!???!!!!???!!!!, that wasn't there last night" kinda hard to overlook something so bright don't you think?

according to the legend you hold so dear, prior to that night that particular "star" was not in the sky, correct?

so these star gazers, could have possibly been led by curiosity being that this light was not previously charted if indeed that is the case. . .
    after all IF they were led by satan then why did they not go through with the killing? damn that would have been a long wasted trip to not finalize the reason they began it. . .

simplicity is a beautiful thing man. . .

oh yeah, you still have not cited a biblical sripture supporting that satan was the origin of the light,
    that is the reason this thread was started afterall,
    all you have given is scriptural "dub-reasoning"

found in the book of Interpretations 3:16, right next to the verses that speak about smoking cigarettes, celebrating birthdays, and not going to discoteques,

peace
    dc

ps what ever did happen to the light the night after they left?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

DCs Ghost

You’re not really worth this, but I’ve got a few minutes to waste anyway.

so what you are saying in your response to me earlier, is that men who were astrologers/astronomers by profession "concluded" that the "star" moved (2 very broad assumptions for their like) and at NO moment found it odd in the least that a "new light" --pardon the pun-- was lingering in the sky.

Perhaps a more understandable word, given your unique level of education, would have been “figured” instead of “concluded”. The “new light” had apparently disappeared after their first having sighted it, but when they arrived in Bethlehem they witnessed it again there. So, sure, they reasonably concluded/figured that the “star” had moved since they had seen it last. The idea behind what I said was to show that rather than the Magi having followed behind a “star” in motion (as seems to be the common conception), they had, instead, seen a fixed object … originally off in the direction of Israel. What is it about that which your little pea-sized brain can’t comprehend?

HHMMMM. . . . .
    so the fact that they studied the heavens and the movements of stars for a living, did not make them wonder
    "What IS THAT???!!!???!!!!???!!!!, that wasn't there last night" kinda hard to overlook something so bright don't you think?

Of course it surely MUST have struck them as being awfully odd … seeing the likes of something that they had not seen before. But of course Satan’s intention was to grab their attention, and he did so by generating CURIOUSTY. Actually the same method that he employed in tempting Eve. Of course you don’t know what I’m talking about here regarding Eve’s case either, because you haven’t made it to square one yet by accepting the Bible (or at least I deduct that about you).

DO YOU KNOW the reason why Satan specifically chose a snake as his tool to deceive Eve with? Well, it was because it was a sure way of gaining her undivided attention. How’s that? Because prior to the occasion when the snake spoke to her she hadn’t ever been able to get very close at all to the little creature, due to its tendency to flee. Of course even with your brains, you know why the snake is described as being “the most cautious” of all the animals. (Genesis 3:1) If not, then well, it looks like I’m gonna be here all day … teaching you the basics. Just think if I were to charge you for these tutorials.

Well, anyway, assuming that you don’t need that part spoon-fed to you: For the first time that little bugger of a snake wasn’t on the run. Can you picture that? Here for once it sat still, and what’s more … it even SPEAKS! And so not only did the little bugger not run away this time, but Eve discovers that it also has the ability to speak even as she and Adam could converse. Wow! Now if that wouldn’t stop Eve dead in her tracks then perhaps nothing would. So do you see the way Satan operates? He takes advantage of a person’s natural curiosity regarding avenues they’re not all that familiar with. As far as Eve now knew, because she was undoubtedly still learning about her surroundings, perhaps snakes were SUPPOSED to talk too. And so, likewise, Satan played upon the curiosity of those astrologers. The idea being, to produce something in their field of learning that would be a surefire way of grabbing and holding their attention. Same trick as used on Adam’s wife, just a different time and a different “Eve” so to speak.

And so, yeah, Satan’s whole idea was to make them wonder and exclaim (in your words), “What IS THAT?!”

according to the legend you hold so dear,

Of course the reason you refer to the account as a “legend” is because you are an infidel. And because I’m not, that’s the reason it’s “so dear” to me. Actually, before even tackling THIS little problem, you should do yourself a favor and find out if there’s actually a God to begin with. You do have trouble in that most basic area too, don’t you?

prior to that night that particular "star" was not in the sky, correct? so these star gazers, could have possibly been led by curiosity being that this light was not previously charted if indeed that is the case. . .

Right!!!!!!!! Just what I’ve been trying to get across to you. Hot dang! Boy if you’re not a making progress NOW! I’m a telling YOU! Maybe there’s hope for you afterall, you little twirp.

after all IF they were led by satan then why did they not go through with the killing? damn that would have been a long wasted trip to not finalize the reason they began it. . .

Are you really THIS stupid? Apparently so! That’s every bit as silly a question as “Why didn’t Satan just speak with Eve himself?”

simplicity is a beautiful thing man. . .

Yeah, but the thing about it is that you never catch on to even the simple things.

oh yeah, you still have not cited a biblical sripture supporting that satan was the origin of the light,
    that is the reason this thread was started afterall, all you have given is scriptural "dub-reasoning"

See my observations under the last point covered … if you can find you way back up there for the distance of about 2 inches.

found in the book of Interpretations 3:16, right next to the verses that speak about smoking cigarettes, celebrating birthdays, and not going to discoteques,

There you go again, bringing up things that are simple to understand but which you haven’t the brain-power to unravel.

peace

Don’t you just wish you had a little of that?

what ever did happen to the light the night after they left?

They never knew, they weren’t in Bethlehem the “night after they left”.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS> You might check with Yeru, I'm not sure now that he'll even have anything to do with you.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

THE END

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit