In My Time of Dyin'......

by PopeOfEruke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• bem
    bem

Lisa ROTFL your a riot.

I have repeatedly told my family to bury me in an old refrigerator box or something equally inexpensive. bury me as quick as possible so they do not have to be out one cent more than they have to be. Split my life insurance policy and all get new cars or whatever the heck they want to get. To which they say " oh and that will look really good to everyone now won't it" And my reply, well what do you think Funeral directors buy there cars with? huh? with money made from dead people. So I choose you my loved ones to benefit from my death!

• Gill
    Gill

Yes!

I would like to be buried under a oak tree in a carboard coffin. I want 'Boogie Nights' playing on the ghetto blaster followed by 'Ever Fallen in love with someone' a great punk classic.

Then I want hubby and kids, and relatives who may care to show their faces to go down the pub, have dinner and a few drinks. Then go home and laugh about how I always embarrassed them all and had them falling about laughing every day. No Crying Allowed.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Prophecor said-

I would prefer to die on a mountain, never to be found again, or even have need of a funeral!!!

I have thought the same thing for years - some of the Native American's did that. When one knew it was about time to die, he would just wander into the mountains and never return. If it was a nice spring or summer day, I could see taking my last look at the world sitting peacefully under a mountain ashe, gazing over the valley below, with the sun in my face.......

Jeff

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I would like to have nanytes implanted throughout my corpse so that it appears animated. I will dance. The electric boogaloo never sounded so good! My crypt will be a dance hall, and I will boogey away eternity...

CZAR

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was in the funeral industry for a time. One of my co-workers said to me one time how he wanted things handled. I thought I would split a gut, and I still laugh 25 years later when I think of it;

He said he had told his wife, " Honey when I die, have me cremated. Get a douche bag, mix me up in a little water, and run me through one more time."

I think that tops them all!

Jeff

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

My husband knows I want to be cremated, and my ashes scattered somewhere that he can always visit if he wants to, regardless of whether or not he lives in the same house. Obviously no KH, and we're not church people either. So if there is any service, which I doubt since he's my only family that will likely be alive at that point, it would be at a funeral home. But I think we won't even do that.

• dmouse
    dmouse

'Another one bites the dust' by Queen.

I also like the idea of being buried under a tree, then my kids could visit 'Dad's tree'

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Carlos Castaneda - Teachings of Don Juan; I used to dream about that, too. Select a mountain and visit it frequently when you live, and then imagine being there upon your dying hour - and the mountain will tremble gently ...... Is it not the Indians who would say "What A Great Day For Dying!"

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I just remembered a line from Hoyt Axton on the possibility of reincarnation, "If there is any truth in reincarnation, then this must be my first time around - since I don't seem to remember anything!"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In reality funerals are for the benefit of the living, not the dead since that one will not be there to appreciate it. Thats why I guess the relatives can do what they want - although any nice thing said about me would be kind of insincere . Since we have no children , it does not matter where or how it all takes place .

Once i got papers on how to leave your body to medical research (yes really) seems a good idea, I must look out that stuff again.

If I were really chosing a song, how about "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" - Monty Python

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit