In My Time of Dyin'......

by PopeOfEruke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Plan to die peacefully alone. My kids likely won't be there anyway, since I am df'd and then it's too late anyway.

Puternut

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I wish to have a Requiem Mass with black vestments and everything. I think that would actually keep away the JWs.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey puternut, sounds cool .. can I come?

I could give you your last satanic rites .. if you're not into weird shit like that we at Apostate Funerals Pty Ltd, could just roast you on a spit

unclebruce

~death the gift that keeps on giving~

An artist friend of mine was stung by a stingray t'other day. He could have died but was saved by racing home and doing a quick search on Google - the poison was spreading up his leg and the pain was agonizing - he did as the net site instructed and placed his leg in very hot water .. the relief was instant and the cure perfect.

Famous last posts: HELP! Four horsemen are approching from the North .. EBAY don't fail me now ...- where can I get one of them forehead marker inkhorn things.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm thinking cremation will a small service maybe at a family home or funeral home. I want some traditional religious songs, and one by Meat loaf" Where Angels Sing". I want my family to look at a scrape book of l our lives together and get to express their own feelings about me. I do not plan a minister to be present, just my loved ones and friends.I went to a memorial service like this, the family had a song book with the deceased favorite songs and everyone sang them It was lovely. At the end they gave a bulb for planting, to remember her by. lovely.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Tears in heaven, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Imagine, Like a hurricane, and others that would tell lurkers here who I am ...... I have the songs ready, and am thinking about writing the talk myself and either have someone read it or record it myself in advance. But I must admit I am more preoccupied with family members' funerals, as I guess I will be more involved then ...... But that I will be remembered correctly is important to me ..........

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

great song choices, ya old Hippie!

I reckon All Along the Watchtower might be OK too. ...Another one I will maybe choose is I Shall Be Released...

Pope

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes pope, I shall be released, love that song. I believe the one i like best is Ricky Nelson .Maybe he is the only one who did it, not sure. I also want "Amazing Grace" played .

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ricky Nelson sang I Shall Be Released?? That must be a great version! Of course its a Dylan song, its one of my favourites. Richard Manual and The Band do a superlative version too...

"I see my light come shining....................."

Pope

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

As long as the disposal of my empty shell is done in the cheapest most environmentally friendly way I don't care. I'll put some money aside for the cardboard coffin and anything that's left over my loved ones can take down the pub.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I have instructed my husband and children to sell any usable organs or body parts to the highest bidder. (I have a barely used liver, rarely smoked in lungs, maybe some other parts that can be used.)

Or send my cadavor to a school for students to use for study.

Cremate the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit