In My Time of Dyin'......

by PopeOfEruke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ever given any thought to your own funeral? Do you plan to have a memorial service, in a KH? or in a church? Or where?

Who will take the service?

Will any JW's attend do you think? JW relatives?

Pope

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Pope of Eruke.

Everyday!!!

I think it's of the utmost importance to prepare ahead of time for. I've over time purchased one for my mother, paid for it on time over the course of 7 years. She now can die and not concern herself with the regular pains of feeling herself a potential burden to her children.

I had this put into effect, not at the popularity of my siblings, after many years passing, however, as well as mom suffering from a brain annuerism operation from which recovery was really touch & go, they now see the wisdom in having done this.

I would now like to do the same for me and my wife.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think it would be good to be shot off a boat and fall to the bottom of the deep, dark marianas trench, like that guy did in the movie, the deep, except that it was only a movie and he was still living. Sorry about the long sentence.

S

• RescueMe
    RescueMe

I'm not a JW but I have my funeral or memorial all planned out already. I wanted to take the burden of thinking and planning it off of my children, I've tried to think of everything to ensure that they have nothing to do or worry about when my time comes.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Pope

I've given this some thought, I've even chosen my funeral song - "Life without End at Last" - a real tear jerker !

I expect my service will be conducted by a funeral director - and the only JW's who will attend would probably be my ex, my mother and my sister.

I would also like a wake afterwards with guitars and singing, lots of food and alcohol and story telling followed by smiles and laughter. There's to be no tears at my funeral.

Makes me wish I could be there

~Beck~ *who always likes to be the first one to post on your threads but was too slow*

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

There is a popular new funeral service down here that sails your remains out of Eden and dumps your casket in the deep water out over the Continental Shelf .. they have over 60 bookings already but ..

..when I die I will be fed to the marauding monkey bears and wild dingo dogs of Tanja State Forest.

What about you Mr.Cone head? You haven't provided a reactionary poster with much to react to

uncledogfood

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I dunno yet about my own funeral. I know I want to be buried and not cremated (thanks to James Bond!!).

I think if I have a memorial service in some secular environment maybe some JW rellies would come, but if not hey! what the heck......

One thing for sure - it WON'T be in a Kingdom Hall! No free JW Propafganda when I'm gone...

I might look into some funeral plan too and pay for that well in advance and save the expense on the kids.

And some music? Maybe Knockin' on Heavens Door I guess, at least something by His Bobness after so many years of faithful idol worship.

What about: Who goes first? You or the missus? Odds are for the males unfortunately.

Pope

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, no, I haven't thought about it. I've gotten as far as "klezmer music" and "probably Unitarian church" and "party afterwards," but that's about it. I'm probably going to have the Neptune Society do the cremation.

edited to add: And I'll probably want at least some of the ashes in or near the house, so I can look after the family when I'm gone.

edited again to add:

RescueMe,

I'm not a JW but I have my funeral or memorial all planned out already. I wanted to take the burden of thinking and planning it off of my children, I've tried to think of everything to ensure that they have nothing to do or worry about when my time comes.

Well, if they're anything like me, they'll be almost as stressed out by trying to carry out your Last Wishes®. I think I'll leave my family a "Funeral Suggestions" list, with a note saying something like, "Here's what I'd like. Do as much of this as you can without going crazy."

g ently f eral

• onacruse
    onacruse

I've always (even as a JW) opted for cremation, and no services.

Thus with my deceased JW blood-brother, so with me.

((Steve)), I think of you often, even after 20 years.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I've given thought to writing my own obituary as well. My going home song would be by " George Micheal & Elton John ", Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me.

My own obituary would be written as a means of keeping out all falacious information, pro & con, people have a way of embelishing the truth, as well as trying bite your back out while your body lies in state, without the ability to answer such charges.

Realistically speaking, however, I would prefer to not even have a funeral, I wouldn't want my loved ones looking at my dead body, and I would prefer to have been disappeared as nothing more than a memory, just donate the body to science!!!

As regards where for the funeral, I would never have one in a Kingdom Hall, never. Nor would I even think they would even have it in a Kingdom Hall. I know I would only be held up as an example of what not to do when one becomes a witness. They thereafter would preach me straight to eternal never never land!!!

I would prefer to die on a mountain, never to be found again, or even have need of a funeral!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit