In My Time of Dyin'......

by PopeOfEruke 39 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hoka He: It's a Good Day to Die When you come to die, you want to look back on your life and say ?Yes, I did what I came here to do and I am happy with how I lived.? In this circle you will examine the fears that hold you back from being truly free to create, visualize the life you wish to be living, and create the structures you need to make your dreams a reality. We will then celebrate a pipe ceremony as support for your continued journey.

Healing the Heart: Forgiveness

We all carry a backpack filled with ?unfinished business? that keeps us from being fully present in our lives. As we forgive, the pain we have been carrying is released. When we ask for forgiveness, the weight of self-judgment is lifted from our shoulders. In this circle you will look inside of your backpack and identify what you are carrying that you are ready to release. Through a fire ceremony, you will leave the past behind and prepare to move into the future unencumbered and free.

Healing the Heart: Moving Through Grief and Loss

When we have experienced profound loss, the pain and loneliness can be unbearable. As support for the usual process of grieving, ceremony and ritual help soothe the soul. In this circle we explore death and afterlife, address any unresolved feelings or issues, and open the doorways for communication with the spirits of the deceased. We will also celebrate a pipe ceremony to create peace for all the spirits involved.

http://www.touchesthesky.com/classes.htm
  • PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

And to think my mother told me as a little boy that I would never die....

She also told me I'd never have to go to school, once I started school she said I'd never have to go to High school, once I started High school.....................and on and on the lies go...

Pope

• prophecor
    prophecor

I wanna see what's underneath that hat!!!

• prophecor
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Hey unc

I got a jellyfish wrapped around my ankle once when i was snorkeling in mazatlan, mexico. The cure was peeing on it.

S

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Cheers Satanus,

Good thing my cobber peed in the bath.

Music to die by:

Death is Not the End. Nick Cave.

When you're sad and when you're lonely
    And you haven't got a friend
    Just remember that death is not the end

And all that you held sacred
    Falls down and does not mend
    Not the end, not the end

When you're standing on the crossroads
    That you cannot comprehend

And all your dreams have vanished
    And you don't know what's up the bend
    Not the end, not the end

When the storm clouds gather round you
    And heavy rains descend

And there's no-one there to comfort you
    With a helping hand to lend
    Not the end, not the end

For the tree of life is growing
    Where the spirit never dies
    And the bright light of salvation
    Up in dark and empty skies
    When the cities are on fire
    With the burning flesh of men

When you search in vain to find
    Some law-abiding citizen
    Not the end, not the end

• onacruse
    onacruse

Pope:

And to think my mother told me as a little boy that I would never die....

She also told me I'd never have to go to school, once I started school she said I'd never have to go to High school, once I started High school.....................and on and on the lies go...

Yep, and yep, and yep.

My folks were so sure of the same that they didn't have any of us 3 boys get our tonsils and adenoids removed (and now, as a result, I have to use a CPAP). And for college? We were on our own, as Dad made clear in no uncertain terms (and so now I eat sawdust for a living, and my surviving brother breathes paint fumes). And retirement? Why save money when the system is going to end? (and so now Kate and I are in 'catch-up' mode).

Sorry for off-topic...your post struck a hard chord.

Craig

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Donate all my usable organs, burn me and spread my ashes over Crash Boat (a beach in my hometown in Puerto Rico) and call it good.

Noone but family and friends need to be there... and then only if they want to.

Kansas District Overbeer

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Unc

as much as I like Nick Cave, PLEASE please please don't attribute "Death is not the End" to him.

It is a song by His Bobness!! Get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness!

Pope

Death Is Not The End

Words and music Bob Dylan
    Recorded during the Infidels sessions (1983)
    Released on Down In The Groove (1988)
    Tabbed by Eyolf Ă˜strem

The figure at the end of most phrases could be played

A D/a A | . . . | |---------------------- |--2------(2)--3---2--- |--2------(2)--2---2--- |--2-------2h4-----2--- |--0---------------0--- |---------------------- 

A When you're sad and when you're lonely And you haven't got a friend E A Just remember that death is not the end And all that you held sacred Falls down and dows not bend E A Just remember that death is not the end. D/a A Not the end, (no, no) D/a A not the end (no, no) E A Just remember that death is not the end. When you're standing on the cross-roads That you cannot comprehend Just remember that death is not the end And all your dreams have vanished And you don't know what's up the bend Just remember that death is not the end. Not the end, not the end Just remember that death is not the end. When the storm clouds gather round you And heavy rains descend Just remember that death is not the end And there's nowhere there to comfort you With helping hand to lend Just remember that death is not the end. Not the end, not the end Just remember that death is not the end. 
     D Oh the tree of life is growing A Where the spirit never dies D And the bright light of salvation A E Shines in dark and empty skies 
    When the cities are on fire When the burning flesh of men Just remember that death is not the end And you search in vain to find Just one law abiding citizen Just remember that death is not the end. Not the end, not the end Just remember that death is not the end. 
  • HappyDad
    HappyDad

First of all, I am an organ donor. What is left will be cremated (no public viewing) and my ashes scattered where my wifes ashes are scattered. If that scattering is not possible because of the geographical area where I may be, then my daughter will scatter them where she thinks I would like to be.

Since my daughter is the only blood family I have, I will leave it up to her if she wants a minister for a service.

My main request is a very nice obituary notice in one major newspaper and one local one where I live. The text will say nothing about JWism, but how I have lived my life to the fullest.

I am already registered with a funeral home/crematory for the arraingements. Less than $1,000. Why spend my insurance money on a lavish funeral to make the undertaker rich? Let my daughter have a good life with what is left.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit