What would have to change for you to come back?

by _Atlas 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Atlas
    _Atlas

To those who have conscientiously walked away:

What changes will at least make you consider coming back in?

Of course some will say nothing they do will lure them back? but if you had major issues while being in, with some doctrines or practices; What modification would have retained you longer in the ORG?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i cant see ever going back. but one thing that would have to change is the importance on counting time instead of focusing on people. i cant tell you how many times i've heard sisters say " i cant count time if i go talk to them, their baptized" or whatever. the lack of love for people would definitely have to change.

• myvalk
    myvalk

what candidlynuts said, and also. they wood have to get rid of d/f'ing.

jesus said the sick need the physician, yet in the org. , when youre"sick"... bam! you get discarded, like so much rubbish.

• Honesty
    Honesty

What wouldn't have to change? The WTBTS is so far removed from Christianity that no matter how many times they Tack into the Wind they'll never be on course.

• inquirer
    inquirer

*They would have to get rid of paedophiles.

*Stop records on people (personal ones, not field service ones.)

*The would have to apologize for their UN involvement and other bad wrongs like guessing when the end will come -- no one knows!!!! But they guessed heaps of times! This is unscriptural surely!

*They would have to be more "easy going" and have genuine love for brother and sister. One time when me and these other Witnesses were at this restaurant and I felt really full. And I said "Boy! I feel like Santa Clause at the moment!" I really did feel that full. But the elder went really quiet when I said that and frowned at me a bit! Take it easy mate! I always think of that scirpture about having "love amongst yourselves!" So they aren't Jesus' disciples!!!!!

*No heirarchy -- only should be done to "guide the flock" in a loving way, literally.

*They should try to help people in lots of ways: marriages, girlfriends, shelter, employment.

*Change the songs from time to time! Make it vibrant or something! Do like what the 7th days do! I remember going to that church a couple of times. They are pretty similar to Witnesses!

So things like that. But the chances of these things happening is dancing with Britney Spears!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What wouldn't have to change? The WTBTS is so far removed from Christianity that no matter how many times they Tack into the Wind they'll never be on course.
    Ain't that the truth!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Biggest one: Drop the idea that the Faithful and Discreet slave is God's Channel. They've been wrong, admitted it, and blamed it on God, saying he hadn't shown them the New Light yet. Sometimes they even suggest that God purposely fed them the wrong idea because it was better for them to think it at the time, then fed them the truth later. This is such a counter-intuitive, mind-controlling doctrine, that one alone would take several down with it.

If they let the Bible decide what's shun'able and what isn't, and only make suggestions about the rest, that would help. Make blood, holidays, beards, all their little pharisetic rules into articles along the lines of "we think this is how God might feel about it, but you make up your own minds."

Drop the counting time stuff. It only serves to divide the congregation, make people feel guilty, etc. Like Israel, just let people contribute what their heart compels them to.

Shun unrepentant sinners (genuine sinners, not "apostates"), but immediately welcome them back when they say they are repentant, following the example of jesus' prodigal son illustration. And no judicial committees, the shunning would be done by each person individually. (I'd prefer they drop the DF/shunning thing altogether, but they're Bible followers and it does seem to teach this. But it sounds like warnings to individuals, not the basis for an organization-level doctrine.)

Let the police handle child abuse accusations.

One meeting a week.

Stop bragging on themselves at every turn. "Only God's people have the ability to do [whatever]!" "Only in God's organization do we see such fine spiritual people!" That sort of crap. Knock that off, it's embarrasing to listen to even if it were true. All the more so since it clearly isn't.

Reduce the scheduled studying. One meeting a week would help this. Give the members their lives back so they don't feel like they are on a never-ending chain of meetings/service/study.

Dave

• lawrence
    lawrence

Remember when we were preaching and we would tell the householder something like, "would you paint a burning house? The system is ending, you need to get out of it, and no, don't put a fresh coat of paint on it - do nothing, flee! NOW!" Let's take a step back, the WTS is a burning house, rooted in bullshit prophets, who were liars, theves, murderers and hucksters, by ommission and by commission. They're burning, they're ending, there is no one thing that can be changed. It went on too long, and now it must die out.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

welcome to the board, _atlas.

the only thing "in" the WTBTs is family and people. These individuals are under mind-control. So why would anyone want to lose their freedom to think?

The "hook" or dangling carrot of the WTBTs is the paradise. If you keep your eyes "on the prize" you don't really look at the teachings/doctrines/actions of the WTBTs. You try to make whatever it says fit into your reality of life so that you can attain that prize.

At least you are starting to think and question on your own. It is scary at first, but you'll eventually deprogram enough to see it is all a house of cards, filled with smoke and mirrors. Thus there really isn't anything to go back to. It is all lies.

Joy

• metatron
    metatron

Number One: Drop all publically announced disfellowshipping/disassociation. There's no room for compromise

in this because it's a power they can't use without abusing. Any half way measure would leave Circuit Overseers

and the Service Dept. dreaming up some other way to officially shun people. You can see this deception with

the new 'allowance' to attend college - say one thing to the public and something different in Circuit Assemblies.

Number Two: the whole blood issue has to go, period. They need to stop threatening people and formally

declare that elders WILL NOT get involved in these medical matters.

Number Three: let go of holidays. This isn't trivial because this is a primary avenue in which the Watchtower

breaks up familes.

Number Four: set up SOME Program that's charitable! Something OFFICIAL! Something sanctioned - that will encourage

young Witnesses to be generous, kind, and thoughtful about other people.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit