What Did You Typically Donate To The Hall & Society?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

No wonder they're stopping production of the magazines! Nobody donates!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I don't know how much I put in ....I would think 5 bucks a month. I was 17 and I needed gas money!

I know for a fact at each Assembly my Mother would put in 200 to 2000 depending on what we had. Which sucks because I could have used some of that for socks!

Brooke

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had a regular donation , I think just about £20 per month, and I would always cover the cost of literature taken ( i never got any donation from Householders)

BTW NOW I ENDEAVOUR TO MAKE A REGULAR DONATION HERE INSTEAD ,VIA PAYPAL - much more valuable

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

When I was in it was typically $5 to $10 dollars a month. I wasn't in very long so the most they probably got out of me was $200 max.

Now that I'm out, my wife goes alone. but, she never gives them any money and whenever I want a copy of the latest CD, I just "encourage" her to borrow one and I install and zip.

Just my small way of helping spread the "good news".

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I know for a fact at each Assembly my Mother would put in 200 to 2000 depending on what we had.

There goes that "look" again.......

Never got that cold in Hell for me.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sometimes $20.00, most of the time pocket-lint

Dismembered

• upside/down
    upside/down

This thread makes me realize something else Dubs and xDubs share in common...

You're (we're?) CHEAP!

Are we sure this isn't an xJewish board?

u/d (of the it sounds like I carried you're cheap asses financially for 20 year class) lol : )

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

about 60 dollars per month to the hall and 60 dollars per month to world wide work

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

depending on how our finances were going it would vary from 5-20 a week and 50-100 at circuit assemblies and 100-250 at district. that was me making my ex contribute.. since i've left him i doubt he contributes at all.

non monetary , they used our heavy equipment a lot ie: dump truck, bulldozer etc. even when the ex was df'd they'd call him up to use equipment. (they never offered and never paid for anything not even gas to my knowlege)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

$10 total

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit