What Did You Typically Donate To The Hall & Society?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm wondering if our departure has cost the Society and local congregations money.

• Preston
    Preston

Minimus,

Financially, I donated about $150 altogether in my entire life as JW. Nothing compared to all the time I could of spent working....

- Preston

• minimus
    minimus

Preston, your leaving left no impact.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Usually just the pennies in my pocket that I'd give to my kids to put in. I figure that's all my parents gave me as a kid to put in, I'd follow their example.

Kwin

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

$0.00

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

They're probably seeing profits now that I'm gone. I never donated anything, even when I took literature and magazines. I used a lot of toilet paper too.

Walter

• Preston
    Preston
    Preston, your leaving left no impact.

I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult. But you're right, when I left the accounts servant wasn't upset... - Preston

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I did not always have the money, but for the most part I would donate about $80 per month, and I always over contributed for the literature and special projects.

I've been gone for 11 years now. What's that work out to?

J

• prophecor
    prophecor

Always ready to answer the stirring thought provoking questions of minimus!

I actually would send a money order directly to the society, between 80 & 90 dollars a month, straight to Brooklyn. They would send me a thank you letter, encouraging me asto the financial contributions helping those who needed to hear the message.

I contributed less at the Kingdom Hall, something about having to pay twice, make our contribution, and then whatever the contribution that the householder made, it never really sank in.

What was that double pay out about, anyway?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I donated 20 bucks a month for a while. I wish I had sent it to the Red Cross.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit