What Did You Typically Donate To The Hall & Society?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I figured that by using my car, buying gas, suits and books, they cost me a bundle.....So I didn't give them too much additional money.

10$ a month is all the Watchtower got from me.

I prefered helping and giving some money to brothers who were poor and had a hard time making ends meet.

JH who helps the poor, not the rich class

• minimus
    minimus

Preston

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

20 to 30 per month for several years. $5 per month when I was pioneering.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was the accounts servant (free bookkeeper/accountant) and when I was in a small rural midwest hall only 3 bro's supported the entire finances of the congo.

When in an affluent hall in SoCal the money flowed like cheap wine.

I was about a $50.00 per month kinda guy till they pissed me off and then went to $0.

Can I request that money back with interest?

u/d (of the man was I a sucker class)

• minimus
    minimus

When the organization loses HUNDREDS of dollars---that's a lot!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Once or twice a year I would put $10 into the box... if anything at all. Sometimes I would go years without making a donation.

• Pole
    Pole

20-50 Polish zlotys a month

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When I was account servant? of my last congregation I noticed most of the elders donated very little, and the PO never donated anything to the congregation. The ones who donated the most were the single moms and retired people.

Walter

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I typically donated 5-8 hours a week to the WTS. I rarely put anything in the contribution box (if I ever put anything in at all, I can't remember).

• freedom96
    freedom96

In cash money, I estimate less than $20 total ever.

Time, on the other hand, is priceless, and I spent a fortune in time, going to meetings, and service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit