Anyone vegetarian and why??????????

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

I have been in situations where it was all veg and I think it is great. Especially going to the hare krisna temple for all you can eat veggie buffet...OMG! Deep fried calliflower is the shiite! I don't have much tollerance for vegetarians that won't eat meat on ethical grounds yet wear leather products for instance, otherwise I think it is a great way to stay healthy. Odd story though one of my friends who is a veg was recently diagnosed with diabetes...and ya wanna know what the doctor told him would be one way to start regulating his blood sugar without medication? Yup, start eating meat! Didn't go over very well with him *LOL*

District Overbeer

• JH
    JH

I love eating meat. I should eat less though, since I have very high levels of ferritin.

• Valis
    Valis
    since I have very high levels of ferritin.

JH, how do you get the ferret out?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

While we are on our soapboxes, I have to acknowledge the evidence of nature. In other words, is there any coincedence between Brenda's predator avatar (as adorable as it is) and my herbivore friend here to the left?

I don't think anyone can peg meat eaters as wrong, are you to judge every cat and dog wild and domestic?

And to set matters straight, I am not a strict vegetarian. I just prefer to eat that way. My moral concerns are precedent as well.

Back to my grazing...

• Valis
    Valis

mmm Irish stew...

• JH
    JH
    JH, how do you get the ferret out?

First of all, you have to tell the ferret to leave the beer alone...

Ferret Photo

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

mmm Irish stew...

V, That was a coffee spitter AND a pants pee'r!

Ezek, you just might have something there.

I have always been facinated by predatory animals and birds. Cats, raptors mostly. I happen to feed about 3 family-groups of crows (15-20 individuals) daily. (The smaller family-groups of a large murder that lives in the area) They love Costco el-cheepo catfood, and we buy it just for them. They are very intelligent and facinating! We're on about the 5th generation of feeding, and they are generally larger than the others and very healthy. I have one I call Quasi (moto) who has some defomity. Because of this he is rather disliked by the others. He comes by in the afternoon and I make sure he is fed. He is very healthy, and mated this last summer.

I have cats. I have had and like dogs, but prefer cats.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Oh, in my heart I am such a vegetarian.

I read the PETA website and weep, just cannot help it. I don't want to harm any animals, I want to be vegan.

The problem is when I give up meat, within a month I get incredibly run down. My already bad health takes a dive, and I have absolutely no energy. I have tried soy stuff and all the 'fake ground beef" and all and it was great for a month and then suddenly, I couldn't digest it. I got very ill after eating boca burgers and or morningstar farms stuff I forget which, and I tried it again eliminating other stuff to be sure that was really it.

So as sad as it makes me, I have to eat some meat. I strive to do as much veg as I can, lots of rice, salads, pasta type things. But twice a month I have to have red meat (the leaner the better, usually a steak once a month if possible) and I eat chicken about once a week, alternating with fish once a week.

But I feel horrible guilt about eating any meat at all, to tell you the truth I don't look down on anyone who is a confirmed carnivore...every person is different...and I support vegetarians all I can (we have them in the family on my husband's side) but to function, I have to eat some meat. I wonder if it's that bloodtype thing. Sad to say, it's a throwback to my JW days that I don't even know my type yet.

essie

• upside/down
    upside/down

PETA?

"People for the Eating of Tasty Animals"

I'm a charter member!

**Alf, while staring at plate of salad** "This (salad) isn't food... it's what food eats!" lol

u/d (of the loves bbq class)

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

U/D you are such a jerk.

Flower, why guilt yourself? If meat is necessary for your diet, try shopping at a animal friendly butcher (not sure where you are) like Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Every metropolitan area has some sort of natural food store.

Usually this meat is clearly labeled "free range" (that does not mean a no-charge BBQ U/D!) and/or organic. Ranches like this do not cannibalize their cows or subject their animals to steroids or hormone additives. Another option is to check with your local butcher, usually sourced by small slaughthouses were abuse is minimized (no guarantees). While this is more expensive, you can eat what you need guilt-free.

Brenda, Crocus is my favorite too! Yet another type, the scavenger. Not a killer, just likes leftovers.

Can someone throw some carrots in the pot here? I getting lonely. You said this was a hot tub right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit